Support for Merten (Schneider) CONNECT dimmers

Dear Stefan, any updates about the driver? As you can see on the forum many people are looking forward to this and are willing to pay if necessary.

How did this go?

Hello Stefan,
Could you inform me/us about the status of the Schneider/Merten app? I hope you managed to find the time to develop it! If it is a matter of funding, let me know, I’m willing to help out financially if it helps your efforts.

I’m now running a very old version of Homeseer (HS2) and would love to start using Homey but I need to be sure all my Merten devices will work in Homey. And more than just on/off.

So my hopes are on you! :grinning:
Best regards,
Maarten

Hi Stefan,

I read that you have developed a Merten driver. I have my house with marten 507900 dimmers and merten 506119 2 way switches from 2009. any possibility to use these with Homey. I prefer using these instead of buying new dimmers and switches.

Best Regards,
Robert

I have just published a test version of my Schneider/Merten Homey app. A test link will be published here when it is available.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks you very much. Looking forward to test the app.

Best Regards,
Robert

hello, and to integrate the wiser home touch schneider, no evolution if you need info or other I can do for you

Wouw really good news Stefan, I’m sure a lot of people will use it :+1:

The app has now been approved for testing. Please give it a try and let me know about how it goes:

I updated some images, and it seems the link to the app temporarily stopped working. Please give it a new try in a day or so, I guess Athom needs to approve the updated version first.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks you I will try it again in a few day’s and will let my experience.
Best regards,
Robert

Thx Stefan already for all the effort, we’ll test and let you know :slight_smile:

Paul.

Hi Stefan,

I installed your app and and the dimmer is working perfect and I can control it from the app. I only have a problem with the radio push button 1 gang. I can easy add the device to homey only I cannot control/use the push button. I have added the push button after the dimmer and the device number is higher. Also the push button is not visible between the devices when I try to make a flow. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have attached a few screenshots from the homey app and the push button for your reference.
If you need more information please let me know.

Best regards and thank you for working on this app for the older merten devices
Robert

Yes, the Schneider/Merten pushbuttons are a bit specific. In this version of the app, they can only be used when connected directly to another Schneider/Merten device.

If you want to connect the pushbutton to your dimmer, you need to enter the dimmer’s device id manually into association group 1 and 2 of the pushbutton. This is so far the only way I managed to keep the full dimming function of these devices.

I will research this a bit more, but it seems that the dimming function will not work with other devices than Schneider’s own. If you add more id:s into the association groups, the dimming function will stop working.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I have added the dimmers device ID manually in the dimmer and the push button. I needed to switch the dimmer manually on an off with the my.homey.app browser and for now it is working perfect.

Great work Stefan, if I can help you with some donation please share your details in a PM.

Best regards,
Robert

The upcoming version of the app will support flow triggers for the 1-gang and 2-gang pushbuttons. To make these work, the group id:s of the pushbuttons need to be set to 1 (Homey’s id), so the flow triggers are not possible to use if you want to use the dimming function with Schneider dimmers.

I will try to clarify all the quirks and special cases for all devices as the work with the app progresses.

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for your efforts so far. I am facing the same issues as @Robert_Verweij. I am able to include the radio push button 2 gang, but cannot use it to trigger flows. It would be great as that will be tackled in the next version indeed.

Regards,

Daan

Hi Daan,

Inclusion for me is working fine I followed the explanation from Stefan above only sometimes you need to try it few times. I attached screenshots from how I setup the dimmer and push button in homey app. Important is what Stefan is saying is that you first need to add the dimmer and then the push button. the push button device number must be higher.

@Stefan_Ekstam only problem I am facing is that after a few hours the connection between the push button and dimmer is lost. The only way to get it working again is to switch the power from the dimmer off and on and then it is working again for a few hours.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Stefan,

a quick update about the app.
The problem I am facing is that after a few hours the connection between the push button and dimmer is lost. The only way to get it working again is to switch the power from the dimmer off and on and then it is working again for a few hours. With the homey app I can keep controlling the dimmer even when the connection with the push button is not working.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

This is a strange problem, I have never seen it before. Do you experience it on one particular device, or on many? I am using this driver with around 20 different devices, but the connection has never been lost like this. Was the problem present in the first version of the driver, or did it happen with the update?

Kind regards,
Stefan