Support for Merten (Schneider) CONNECT dimmers

I recently bought a Homey and it was quite easy to connect my Nest, Harmony and some Z-Wave devices. However, I have four Merten (now Schneider) Connect flush mounted dimmers in my Z-Wave setup. They worked well with my previous Vera 2 Z-Wave gateway. Unfortunately Homey does not support these devices, besides switching them on and off. I noticed on the forum that somebody else asked this question two years ago and there was a promise from Athom that a device driver would be developed. When can we expect this driver?

2 Likes

I’m working on a Schneider/Merten driver right now. My house is full of those devices since 2010, but no home automation system seems to support them. Would you be able to help out with testing and supplying device id:s? I only have a few device types, and a couple of more would make the driver more solid.

2 Likes

Dear Stefan,

Yes, developing a driver would be great. I am happy to help you with testing the driver. I own a couple of flush mounted Merten Connect Z-Wave dimmers, one flush mounted switch and one 4 way battery operated switch.

I used these devices in the past ten years successfully with a MiOS Vera Z-Wave gateway.

Regards,

Daan van der Schroeff

Hello Daan!

That sounds great! I’m using the driver already, mostly for direct association between the Schneider devices, and it works fine so far.

I’ll get back to you with details about testing the driver shortly!

Kind regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Hello Daan!

The driver is getting ready to test in a couple of days. I wanted to check with you if you by any chance have the information leaflet for the four way battery operated switch, the one with eight cables? Schneider has the wrong one linked from their site, and I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the net.

Kind regards,
Stefan

2 Likes

Dear Stefan,

Is this what you are looking for? I have the MTN5052 switch.

Regards,

Daan

(Attachment MTN5051xx-5061xx_HW_2008_20_EN.pdf is missing)

Dear Stefan,

Retry, the forum seems not to accept pdf files. Here is the link:

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=User+guide&p_File_Name=MTN5051xx-5061xx_HW_2008_20_EN.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=MTN5051xx-5061xx_HW_2008_20_EN

Regards,

Daan

Any progress on your driver? :blush:

2 Likes

Also interested to hear and I can supply information about my devices if you would like :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have a few dimmers (507900) and 4 button switches (505214) and in between dimmer (to place directly in power socket) (508619) be happy to test, try. I have a lot, and a waste to dispose them.

Paul

I’m also very interesse in app for these? I have some of the Schneider versions…!

Any news? Would be happy to send a small contribution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interressé pour une application pour wiser home touch de chez schneider. si besoin je peux faire des testes

Interested in an application for Wiser Home Touch from Schneider. if necessary i can do tests

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Nederlands (Dutch), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Svenska (Swedish) , Français (French), Polskie (Polish), Fiński (Finnish)

Hi Stefan, any progress with your Merten/Schneider driver?

1 Like

Hi!

It’s still not published, however I’m using it myself on a daily basis, so I should really publish it as a beta. I’ll try to make an effort this week, no promises though. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Stefan

2 Likes

Hi Stefan,
That would be really great since I have quite a lot at home not doing anything right now. Like a lot of others as well I assume. And apparently we’re not that smart … ;-). If there is anything I (we) need to participate in don’t hesitate to ask.

Paul.

Hi Stefan.

Any news on this one, will there be a beta on Github soon? :wink:

Trygve

Hi!

It turns out I’m not the only one who has been working on a Schneider/Merten app. There are discussions right now about merging the codebases, so a beta will definitely arrive, but I
can’t say exactly when.

Kind regards,

Stefan Ekstam