Sprinkler system rainbird - what to connect

So far I have used Smartthing but I am moving to Homey and the only device I cannot integrate is the sonoff 4CH pro which controls the valves to water the garden. Do you have any idea if it can be replaced with what device to work with homey?

You can ask the app developer for adding this device in this thread.

No, that app is deprecated :slight_smile: If you want any chance of having it supported with Homey, it needs to be flashed with the Tasmota firmware and the Tasmota app should be used.

Oh sorry, I didn’t know that.

Tasmota works with sonoff 4CH pro very well.

I use them to switch hunter valves:

2 Likes

this is how it usually happens that you buy one and then it turns out that the pro version has what you need. I now have a homey bridge version and it unfortunately doesn’t support tasmota. So I found a different solution for watering, I will use shelly 2.5. I will wait a moment to see what new supports will be in the bridge version and possibly later I will switch to the pro version.

Hi, can you show how it looks in homey pro?

The hardware tiles are the tasmota devices.

The tiles above are virtual devices that control the irrigation circuits.

The irrigation logic must of course be programmed via flows.

Yes I know about it. Wow, where did you get such interesting icons on individual tiles???

These tiles were more work than i actually wanted to invest, but yes, the icons are the sugar on the cake! I found them in different svg libraries and one is even adapted with an svg editor to make the zone more intuitively recognisable.

Will you reveal how you did it?? Is there a tutorial somewhere??

There is no magic involved. It depends on where you start and what you know about the system components.

1. Is you irrigation system (pump, valves, pipes, sprinklers) already installed?

2. Assembling the electrical components, like on the picture above. Electrical knowledge available?

3. You have to flash the sonoff 4CH pro with tasmota. Ever done it before?

4. After that you have to define the logic of the irrigation for each irrigation circuit and configure the flows.

To be honest, it was a bit of work.

Can you tell me how you made these icons?? Is there a tutorial somewhere?? That’s what I meant :smiley:

As for my system, it looks like this now. Unfortunately, I have to replace these zigbee valves, because they turn off after 1 minute from the machine and it cannot be changed from the Homey Pro level, so I will install another sonof, but with a pre-loaded tape to control the solenoid valves in the greenhouse. I now have an unflashed sonof that controls the solenoid valves for garden irrigation works great and that’s why I’m going this way.

You have probably invested too much to change now, but LinkTap produce some very nice battery operated valves, complete with flow meter, etc (Wireless Watering System - LinkTap). They are smart valves and integrate into Homey via the LinkTap gateway as they use a custom ZigBee interface which provides good wireless range and 2 to 3 year battery life.

Yes, it’s true Link Tap has no problem with integration, only that its price is not low either. And for the price of one Link Tpa I will buy the rest of the things I need :smiley:

1 Like

You can download the icons from the page/link above and load them via the homey Virtual device app into the tile.

If you would like to change them I used an online svg Editor but I can not remember which one it was. Search here in the forum for athoms svg regularities.

Yes, I know where to change the icons in the homey application, but only the default appears there and there is no option to indicate some external icons. That’s why I’m curious how you made it possible to select the SVG icons

Where do you have it??? I only have something like this

You try to change the icon of a Homey virtual button.

But you need the app Virtuel Devices like @Joka already mentioned:

When you create a new device this screen appears and you can upload your own SVG icon.

This is also possible with the Device Capabilities app. This app is much more complex, but also offers more possibilities and functions.