Sprinkler system rainbird - what to connect

Now everything is clear :D, Thank you very much!!

Another question, how did you connect sonoff 4ch with tasmota to homea? Through which app? I’ve never used tasmot devices and I don’t know anything about how it works.

I started like you with a sonoff 4ch pro and tasmota a few years ago. Today tasmota is my main wifi device system (~ 40 plugs + shellys + sonoff 4ch pros) I use with homey.

Homey needs: Tasmota MQTT App fĂźr Homey | Homey

But the main challenge will be to flash the sonoff 4ch pro because you can’t do the first flash over the air.

Impression how to flash a sonoff 4ch pro: Sonoff 4CH Pro - Pt2 - Flashing with ESPEasy 2.0 - YouTube

Can you tell how you did it? I have sonoff 4ch with tasmota. Unfortunately, I can’t connect with the instructions I found on the internet. Can you tell me how you manage to integrate it?

The broker needs to allow unsecure connections.

Only with these settings Borker allows you to save without error.

And in addition you need the MQTT Client app for the Homey Tasmota app to connect devices.

I thought it would be easier. Unfortunately, I do not know this and all these mqtt etc are black magic to me. I guess I’ll have to give up sonoff. Even though it seemed so simple.

Because mqtt client is another app that I don’t know how to set. And I couldn’t find any clear instructions anywhere on how to put it all together :frowning:

head up man, you have almost made it.

Follow this post: [APP][Pro] Tasmota MQTT - #101 by Daniel_Weber

I’m still fighting with all my strength!!!
Following your tips:
mqtt broker

Mqtt Client , entered the ip of my Homey

Tasmot

sonoff app

theoretically everything should work but unfortunately it doesn’t :frowning:

Why has the IP address changed from .240 to .77?

I thought that Homey’s IP should be entered there.:
homey ip: 192.168.1.77
ip sonoff: 192.168.1.240

Yes, the broker runs on Homey so you need to point Tasmota (and the MQTT Client) to Homey’s IP-address.

Not sure why it can’t connect. You can try enabling “Disable user authentication” in the broker (and blank the username/password settings on Tasmota) to see if the issue is related to that.

Wow, there is some progress after your suggestion, I changed the settings and I was able to go to the next step. Of course, it can’t be too good, because in the next stage after the sonoff restart, it doesn’t search for it:/ and that’s all in the sonoff app.

But I tried the tasmota mqtt app and surprisingly found a new device and added it and it works ok.

It’s all super weird and I don’t quite understand how it works… but it does…

Did you still tried Robert’s Sonoff app? It is deprecated since Tasmota > v6.

And now you should check the user/passw combination again.

Yes, I tried to add Robert’s app, but it doesn’t work.

Hy, I just buy e HP2023. I configured Tasmota bridge & client apps and It seems to works. I have manu Sonoff tasmotized that are recognized. But I have a problem with a 4ch board. I can see a windows where I can select one by one the relays. I understood that I need something like Virtual device or Device Capabilities to separe output and address at flow level. Could you explain how I can do this ? I create a virtual switch, but when I try to associate a flow that drive the Sonoff 4ch when I try to associate a flow the menu don’t show me the choice of which output to use. Thank you in advance.

Actually, you don’t need a virtual device to control it. You can select the switch as Socket1-4, as you have already noticed. The prerequisite is that the Sonoff CH4 is connected to the power supply so that Homey can find the devices.

1 Like

Thank you but the problem is that the peripheral is recognized with 4 relays but is address only at the main address name, then I can switch all at the same time. Is there a way to manually add devices to specify that is not a switch but a socket switch with 4 separate outputs?

Will you see a drop-down menu with 4 channels to choose from?