Sonos Say

Well, probably you can make it work when you add a lot of stuff to your synology, the base still is linux, but I would not try it. Maybe you’d better invest in a new syno which supports Docker.

Is it true that the app only works on all installed Sonos speakers at once?
Or is there a way to control single speakers as well?

You need latest version 2.0. It has a lot more features.

My suggestion is, get a raspberry pi and run it on that. You can use pm2 for auto start. Then you can play around with other stuff as well. Super simple.

Can you explain what this is. I have A spare Pi. But never got it to do what i want. The learning curve is sometimes to steep. But with a little help i guess i will get it to work. Must admit i most times just retype what i read. So sudo install etc etc🤔

Okay, thanks. Will version 2.0 also be released on the Community App Store?

I tried contacting them on slack but no reply. The community store seems a bit random. No idea on how to submit to it. You can install via terminal.

@MaxvandeLaar ^^

@Ludvig I can’t remember we had any contact about this. Just send me a zip file production ready and I can add it to the store.

1 Like

Could you show me how it works, please?

I joined a slack channel that was referenced on the site? Tried to ping on main channel.

Thnx, working on it. Did send u a PM.
Edit: Slack is fixed.

I have now together with @MaxvandeLaar gotten version 2 out on community store: https://store.homey.community/app/com.svipler.athom.sonos-say

And again a big thanks to @MadMonkey

ping @Henk_Renting @Martijn_Hoogenbosch @Rocodamelshekima

3 Likes

Cool! installing now…

Cool! Also finds my speakers! And is a lot faster than the previous version.

Tnx a lot!

Thx, @Ludvig! Great work!
Will install it tonight!

Unfortunately my speakers are still not being found… :frowning:
What can I do?

Can you find them via the api on node?
Example run http://yourip:5005/zones you should then get a list of all your zone.

Also we have seen that simple install /uninstall / install works for finding.

Hmm, did not know that url for testing.
I get a 404 Not Found.
Will have to investigate some further.
Thanks for your reply!

How did you configure the ip then? Under settings of the app?

Yes, I did. In the Homey app