Somfy RTS

Hi!

I have added a remote using the Tellus 4 on channel 1, that screen works perfect.
When trying to add the seccond screen on channel 2, it fails and the screen is not added to Homey. Anyone that know what can be the issue or how to get around this?

After rebooting Homey, the screen appeared.

Hi,

Before it was possible to change the signal length, but I cannot find that option anymore. Am I overlooking something or is it really gone?

Regards,
Berrie

In the Tahoma app 1.5.4 it is still possible
At the top right, spinning wheel

The Tahoma app seems to be suitable for the IO protocol only. My devices make use of the Somfy RTS protocol.
Is it indeed true that Athom removed the signal length option from their app? Does anyone know why?

Yes Tahoma app is for the io protocol and the Somfy RTS app is for the RTS protocol

Hi Moussa_BA, did you get this to work? I seem to be having exactly the same problem as you

Hello,

I never succeeded to add my Somfy devices using the app Somfy RTS. I used another one instead, Sunway Window Coverings, it’s an Athom app, and it works like a charme :slight_smile:

Hope this can help.

Moussa.

1 Like

You’re a legend! thanks! worked a treat.

After investigating a bit, i think the somfy error had something to do with the invert controls option. But sunway was naturally the correct way for me.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a Somfy RTS screen to Homey when you don’t have a remote? I have the screen connected to wall controls and never got a remote…

That should be possible. You better find a manual which describes how to link the first remote to a RTS. If I am not mistaken the RTS is perceptive of new remotes the first few seconds after a power cycle. Check this video: Put the RTS in programming mode with power cycles

Just got my new Somfy blinds, selected RTS system just so i don’t have to have extra tahoma/connexoon box (and one of the reasons I went with homey), I’ve added the blinds to homey, everything works fine, but in Google Home, device shows up as just a configurable device with no options/buttons…
Any way how to fix this? I saw there is some new implementation for that, is it possible to implement? As the Somfy app is more than a year old, it might be the issue - Google Assistant can natively control smart blinds

Ok, my bad… not sure why but the controls are not in google home app via buttons, but still can be controlled by voice/assistant? Why, Google, why? :smiley:

i know… but the damn buttons are so comfortable sometimes :smiley: especially when i ask google to lower blinds and it asks me to select which service i want to use for some podcast… and when I say none, it runs the first one :smiley:

Hi All - I hope someone can help

I have been using the Somfy RTS app on a house full of blinds without any problem so far.

Until now - I cannot get Homey to work with any blind now? I have tried restarting the app , restarting my Tahoma box, all with no luck.

Can anyone help me diagnose the issue?

Thank you in advance

This app is for Somfy RTS app, which does not work with Tahoma but directly with somfy without that. You need to get the other Somfy app

Hi! Updated to 6.0.0 and none of my blinds respond to Homey anymore… Sunway app does not work either, timeout on pairing. This is a critical device for me, any suggestions on how to solve it? Or does the app need an update?

I think I solved it by randomly entering pairing mode on the remote numerous times as well as triggering flows with blind cards. In case others experience the same!

@PiTRiS what are the distances you have between your Homey and the blinds? I’m about to buy new blinds with either RTS or IO. I would prefer RTS (because it’s annoying to have another homecontrol box), but am concerned about the signal.

I have 4 RTS blinds in a room 8M from homey and have no connection problems. The straight line connection may well go through a concrete block wall too.