[SOLVED] Homey pro goes offline since update to v10.0.0

Hi,

I had the auto upgrade activated and my Homey Pro 2023 updated to v10.0.0. The next morning I could not connect any longer.

1. I reboot, can connect for a while and then my Homey goes offline again. The LED ring is still active.
  2. The support recommended manually re-installing the latest firmware with the OTA tool.
    So I did. No improvement.
  3. I used the OTA tool to perform a firmware reset. No improvement.

Since then, I don’t receive any replies from support.

Can anyone help?
Is there a pre-v10 I could possibly downgrade to? Where to access and how?

I’m lost and really need some help!

Cheers
Marcel

1 Like

Have you updated to v10.0.1 ? that is the latest stable.

Tried to Re-connect WiFi or tested with another Wifi network (if available) after upgrading?
How long does it stay connected until it goes offline?

You could try to upgrade to Experimental 10.0.2-rc1 but I guess the Fix you need is WIP and not yet public.

Is the LED red, or rainbow or what?

You may also have local problem with your LAN, and could try setting a fixed IP in your router for the Homey.
If using both Ethernet and Wifi they could compete for same IP address.

Thank you for the quick reply!!

Is the LED red, or rainbow or what?
The rainbow is still on.

If using both Ethernet and Wifi
Only running Wifi

try setting a fixed IP in your router for the Homey
This has been the case since first start.
Once I loose access to Homey, I also don’t receive ping replies
I monitor my Wifi and LAN with SNMP and pings. There is no issues in the Wifi network.

The problem 100% started with the v10.0.0 update.

Marcel

Ok. Then wait for Athom Support.

Do you have many Z-Wave devices in use?

Well, most of my devices are z-wave. But it is only 13 or so.

Ok, 13 is not that much. But maybe it’s the same problem like discussed in this thread.
In short: Please check the amount of Rx values in Developer Tools → Z-Wave and check the Log if there are several same Z-Wave commands within a short time.

An upgrade to Homey v10.0.3-rc.4 appears to resolve the problem.

1 Like

Thank you @DirkG You pointed me in the right direction!

Have the same problem, each morning homey is offline, running 10.3. Rc4. Solution looks like be restart every night at 23.59 from a Flow.

Restarting every night is not a solution, but a workaround :grimacing:. Homey shouldn’t have to be restarted every X hours for normal daily use.

Could it be that at this time the automatic backup is made?
If so, then it could be a problem with the memory. Probably there is not enough free memory available to do the backup.

Have the same problem, each morning homey is offline, running 10.3. Rc4. Solution looks like be restart every night at 23.59 from a Flow.

To me, this sounds like definitely a different topic. My issue appears to have been related to Z-Wave devices and the according fix in 10.0.3-rc4.
My homey would usually freeze after a few minutes, maximum an hour.

How can i check which update/version i have?
I cant access my Homey at all because of the “Homey is offline”.
And how can i update?

Hi All, we have a Homey Pro 2023 (Sofware version 10.1.0) and since some weeks/month? the performance has gone down drastically.
I get regularly the message that “Homey is offline” and general performance is Very slow.

Anybody else having similar issues with the most recent software updates?

@Homey, is this a known issue and can a solution be provided to get back to the speed/Stability like before please?

This is a community forum and your posts, questions and suggestions will not normally be read and answered by Athom. Therefore, please contact Athom via the support page.

1 Like