Smpl mini display: battery powered e-ink display made for Homey

Variables seem more important to me, but the clock would be a nice feature. Looking foreward to see/read more!

1 Like

UPDATE: FINAL DESIGN AND PICTURES

I am happy to reveal the final design of both the display device and the magnetic wall-mount.
The smpl mini display will have a somewhat tilted screen when standing alone in landscape orientation. You can choose between both landscape and portrait when placed on a wall. These illustrative images show a display layout with 4 different sensor templates, which is the max.
I hope you like it…

18 Likes

This looks quite promising

1 Like

Looks very good. It s quite small and 4 topics are not that much…
Will there be a menue structure?

1 Like

You will be able to select any enum, boolean or numerical value from devices on your Homey system. And you can design different layouts for more displays or to use on the same display.
But you will need to push the layouts from Homey.

1 Like

This looks very nice. Where to buy?

1 Like

I expect it to go on sale in April. And there will be direct sales via online store.

2 Likes

Looking good.
Very curious about the pricing and how it works.
Can you tell how to integrate it with Homey?

1 Like

Hi @Arnold_vd_Linden
The retail price is not set yet.
The device is developed exclusively for Homey and will integrate via a dedicated Homey app.

Looks nice!

Is it only showing 4 values? Or can you swipe to new pages?

Will it have send function as well? (buttons)

1 Like

Would be great if it can show string variables. I have a use for such a device to see my weather poll results I set as a string variable in homey

1 Like

Will the orientation change when you turm it? Or do you have to change it from the app?

1 Like

You can toggle orientation using a small button on the back.

What is a string variable?

A string variable is a variable containing anything text, numbers etc.
Homey devices themselves do not show this, like UP or DOWN for window blinds. Or OUT / IN for presence devices and so forth.

1 Like

Currently the app is collecting three types of data from your devices: enum, boolean and numeric. Apart from this, we are planning to include Homeys logic variables.
We are launching the app in a test-version to play around with very soon. Then you can see if it meets your requirements.

1 Like

I like it.

I would like to have a simple and readable screen on my wall just to see current values for roomtemp/hum and a few others, and this is just that. Looks good too.

Of course a nice graph of humidity/temp trends (like insights) would be … even nicer, but it makes things a lot more difficult, and I’m not one to have a 12" screen DIY solution on my wall generating a lot of light…with some difficult soft/hardwaresetup behind it

Maybe an option to have a few pages (of 4 elements each) that cycle every xx seconds? That way the nice and simple 4-way design can be maintained, while you can still track more than one room/situation/setup without the need for controls (swiping, switches) on the device.

1 Like

Does it just recieve values or can it send to Homey as well? Means: would it be possible to interact with the app or is it just a display?
The design and the simplicity are very nice, but I wouldn´t like to us an other device (Mobile…) to interact with the display via Homey.

1 Like

Hi @zakraket
Big thx for feedback.
The combination of screen technology, data flexibility and battery-power doesn’t match high frequency updating (xx seconds). That’s why we have settled for minute-by-minute including the ability to pause the updates (e.g. away, sleep, dark, no motion) via flows to enable a 3-6 months battery lifetime expectancy. You can use flows to toggle between different display layouts every minute and/or other trigger events.

2 Likes