Smpl mini display: battery powered e-ink display made for Homey

Aqara plug is known to mess the communication up. I have 10 displays in my installation and I had to remove all Aqara plugs to have them working.

1 Like

Thank you for your continuous interest and engagement.

We are sold out. And there are currently no plans for producing more displays. Production and business are discontinued.

My wife and I have spent a significant amount of our time and savings on the project. Unfortunately, production cost has been too high to make a sustainable business case.

This project had a bumpy start when our initial development setup was destroyed in Kharkiv at the beginning of the Russian invasion. And it has since been impacted by the many Zigbee issues in the platform. But Athom has always done a great job addressing the issues and worked relentlessly to find solutions. We are happy to know that all known issues have been solved with the latest Homey Pro firmware updates in April combined with the latest smpl mini display firmware + Zigbee stack update from January. We are not able to provoke or reproduce any issues in our different live Homey Pro environments, both HP23 and older, having many displays connected. Both connection and updating is very stable.

We will keep the website alive as a support resource. All required information is there. Our wish is to get a more established company take over the product. If not, it has been great (and expensive) fun :wink:.

All the best from Pernille and Martinā€¦

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all your hard work. Iā€™ve understood along the way that it sometimes mustā€™ve been very challenging, but you managed to take up a heavy challenge and bring something amazing to the community. I like my smpl displays a lot and I hope you find a willing party to take it over and keep creating. All the best!

1 Like

Thank you for extending the home automation ecosystem with this unique and fun product. I really enjoyed working with you and Iā€™m grateful that I have been part of your team. Your enthusiasm and drive to create something unique inspired me.

Wishing you all the best!

1 Like

Thanks for a nice solution, had a lot of fun with it!

Unfortunately they still donā€™t work with the latest firmwares with me, but every time a new one comes out, Iā€™ll test!

All the best for you too!

1 Like

Hi Martin,
Thanks for putting all the work in a fun Homey display, still running stable without any issues in my living room - providing me feedback on energy use and thereby creating more environmental awareness in my household.

1 Like

Hello,
Maybe you would provide us - the community - the sources of Homey app as Open Source? So we could do updates in the future, so the already delivered products wonā€™t die in some point in time?

4 Likes

That look a great Idee, to place it at git hub or other palce and make it public.
Maybe somebody can take it up.

1 Like