Smart wallswitch with light and high power

Just a little background information: I got a 700W infrared heating panel hanging from the ceiling in my office. I’m reusing the wiring from the original light fixture, which had a dimming switch on the wall. I removed the dimmer and want to replace it by a smart wallswitch so that it can be switched manually and/or by homey. Since there is no visible feedback LED or something similar on the panel itself, the switch must show its status. I don’t want to rely on Homey to show this status because of its unreliability (it is wireless and a lot of software after all!).

So, I am looking for a Z-Wave or Zigbee enabled wallswitch (on/off) that fits in a standard is able to switch at least 700W. Something like this => TechniSat: On/Off switch flush mount comp. Busch-Jaeger [0300/9499] - On/Off-switches - Flush-mounting units | EN but it needs a light to tell if it’s on. A Busch-Jager fitting solution would be perfect (but not absolutely necessary, I can replace the receptable that sits in the same frame if need be). Any suggestions?

1 Like

A bit expensive, but this one does it: Smart Switch - Luxy Smart Switch

Turn ON/OFF the device connected to Luxy

(light, water heater, fan, IR panel, etc.)

That’s a nice piece of equipment indeed, somewhat expensive. And it’s not exactly the functionality I looked for; I want a simple signalling LED that is ON when the output is enabled and off when it’s not.

Anyway, the luxy has 5 different touch sensitive areas that seem to do different things. Too complex to my taste really.

1 Like

How about a normal switch, with power metering, and a flow to notify you if it is on or of based on power usage (notification, a different light or whatever you’d like)? And perhaps a backup flow for when the device is on but power usage hasn’t updated in a while that could indicate that something isn’t working properly.

A more simple device like the Qubino Luxy Smart Switch is the Fibaro Walli Switch (Z-Wave). To switch the LED ring on or off can be configured within the device settings. So no flow is needed.