Smart Implant of garage door and automatic gates

Ok. Got the device added, connected to ground and 24v. Out to garage door switch and ground. Pushing the switch on the fibaro smart implant open, stop and close the door. But in homey I can’t get a reaction. Anyone have any input ? If I change input parameters or output and save it will open or close, depending on previous status. But that’s it.

Can you please describe the scenario you are trying to automate?

I use the reed switches to provide an alarm input to tell me when the garage door is opened or closed.

Do you see a temperature? If not, try adding the implant again

1 Like

Got it! Solved! Tried to delete and reinstall it until i got temp. Then it worked as a charm. Took 7 tries tho

Good to hear. Did you manage to add it locally? I ended up taking homey out in the garage

Now I have started to try it and thanks many tips from the great community and trial and error I am a bit cleverer.

Even if probably most people know it, but the parameters 20 and 21 do not necessarily have to be programmed per raw configuration. The parameters 20 and 21 are the first two entries in the advanced settings:

For whatever reason, Athom has forgotten the explanation for the parameters and the translation into other languages is also missing.

You can connect a reed contact to input 1 (IN1 + GND) and/or input 2 (IN2 + GND).
The parameters 20 (IN1) and/or 21 (IN2) must then be configured to NC (Normale Closed) or NO (Normally Open). It depends on the reed contact and how you want to use it.

For example, if you have connected the reed contact to IN1 and configured it to NC and remove the magnet (similar to door/window sensors) then an alarm will be reported on input 1.

Open ---------------------------------------------> Close

That’s a good point @DirkG I didn’t realise that.

Not sure if you realised but just to make it clear. If open or close a contact on the inputs (depending on the setting of parameters 20/21) and have a gate or door on the corresponding output, then the gate will either stop closing, or open again and soon as the input is switched. To prevent that you have to separate the inputs from the outputs which is covered under a separate post. Then the next step is to have the alarm monitored by hiemdall, the subject of a further post.

With a few tests I’m actually trying to understand the SI a little better before I will install it at the garage opener.
Yes, as you pointed out in your first post, I have already separated the inputs from the outputs.
After installation of the SI and the reed contact I will not use the reed contact in Heimdall in the beginning. First I will have a look few days at the sensor if it works reliably.

Thanks for your helpful post and your support. :+1:t3:

Good idea. It took me a long time but I now have them on my gates and garage door and they work very reliably. I can tell Siri to open my driveway. If it’s nighttime it opens the gates, garage door and turns on the outside lights. Magic!

Peter

| fantross
November 6 |

• | - |

With a few tests I’m actually trying to understand the SI a little better before I will install it at the garage opener.
Yes, as you pointed out in your first post, I have already separated the inputs from the outputs.
After installation of the SI and the reed contact I will not use the reed contact in Heimdall in the beginning. First I will have a look few days at the sensor if it works reliably.

Thanks for your helpful post and your support. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I also want to use Siri, that is the main reason. And it sounds quite good.

Dirk

Just “one” more question @Peter_Bittner.

By separating the input from the output, further options for the Smart Implant are possible. I have therefore thought about which connection variants are possible (I did’t include the second output):

If something should be wrong, please let me know (I’m not an electrician).

Background of the current situation and what I want to realize:
My garage has no separate entrance/exit. Therefore I already use a monostable button from the producer of the garage door opener to close the garage from the inside when leaving (then I don’t need to dig the remote control out of my pocket).
But I don’t want to connect it to the input IN1 or IN2 like it is shown in the manual (picture “Standard”). I will leave the push button connected where it is. Parallel to the original button I will connect the output (OUT1) of the Smart Implant. Then I can activate the OUT1 with flows (e.g. Siri). This gives me 2 free inputs on the Smart Implant. I will use one for the reed contact to check if the garage is closed. At the other input I would like to install another button to activate a scene event (press button twice, picture “Option 4”). According to the manual AS is possible, but I can’t find an action card when creating the flows. I have already ordered a button to try this out, but maybe you have an idea?

1 Like

A great question. I have done some searches and played with the Homey App a bit and have to agree, I can’t see how to identify that a scene has been set or activated. I have never used scenes myself. Certainly though I see no issues with your circuitry ideas.

Maybe worth starting a new thread on how to automate flows based on scenes. I will learn something as well.

Probably AS was not included by Athom. I will write to Athom and I am looking forward to the answer.

Hi all, and thanks for good advice in this thread. I have now installed smart implant and a physical NC switch which indicates that the garage door is closed. I have only one issue to resolve; sometimes I have to give it 2 or 3 attempts to open/close before it moves. I have adjusted pulse time to 3 with 156,2,3.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Have you tried other pulse times?
Do you have a Z-Wave range problem?

That worked! Increased pulse time to .5 second, and now it works every time. Thank you.
I had some issues with range which was solved with a range extender.

lør. 21. nov. 2020 kl. 11:19 skrev Dirk G. via Homey Community Forum

Hi guys! Thanks for worth investigation you have done on this topics. I have three Smart Implant. Work all, but I am afraid some detail I have wrongly set up. Temp is okay as well. I didn’t have any other sensor (reed sensor etc) included yet.
My problem is that when I push button => it lit stays lit-up then I have to touch it again to deactivate (grey out) and then I again touch when lit-up to stop movement.

I would like to have after touch to not stay as active = lit up, but grey out after lets say second or two.
How can I this set up please?

Sorry, but don’t understand absolutely not what you mean.
Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Maybe you can post the parameters in the advanced settings. How is the SI connected?

Sorry…, When I want to activate opening/or closing the door I must touch the icon twice. Would be have to have it like on my remote NICE. One push open, second push stop

Not sure but 1 sec might be too long to close the contact. I have mine set to 0.5 secs.

You might also benefit from setting up a virtual device for each gate action. Then you can specify which output you want to toggle. You have more control then. I have it set up like this and it works perfectly.