Show variable on button in place of energy

Would love to see the possibility to place a variable or tag on a button in the app (in the place of the energy usage).

This would make it tremendously easy to see in what phase / what step a device is under influence of a flow.

Making energy usage not visible here should be not a big issue since we have a seperate tab just for that.

You could create a virtual device and set the capabilityValue through HomeyScript.
I dont think there is any way to realise this with existing devices, since it would need a capability that you can set without it doing something.

Is the option for a seperate (virtual) device an option for you? If so i can add it to my Device Capability App (implementing it now, will be in test in a few moments).

I have just put Device Capabilities 1.5.0 to Test Device Capabilities | Homey.
You can create a Virtual Device, set how many fields you need in the settings of the device and then set the value through flowcards:

Create device

Set settings

Use a flowcard.

Capability is set:

1 Like

Does this result in the possibility to show such field on the button of a device ?

thats good, unfortunaly it is not possible to show one (or more) of the fields in the icon.(status indicator)

And exactly this is what I would like to do… Not something that can be done by an app I expect which is why I posted it here…

Thats why I tested it, probably it will be added by @Arie_J_Godschalk if possible.

I can create that for a number or a yes/no, but not for text.

1 Like

I have updated Test to 1.5.1, now able to select the number or boolean as status indicator in small Icon or Mobile app.

2 Likes

Meaning, yes, you can use this to show the status of a flow, but i guess you have to do that numerical.
I, indeed, cannot make the Text available in Small Icon/Mobile form.

btw, adding Button option right now, so the button can be used for flows and there responses.

Added: Buttons (can be set through settings) can be added, so you can use it as a push button for flows.

2 Likes

Wauw. I will be sure to test that, numerical status is fine for me !

1 Like

Looks like i found a solution for text also!
Ill let it know!

1 Like

That would be a real break through, Arie!

Update to version 1.5.3.

Delete the device and recreate it (i changed to much ;))
Then set the status indicator to status.

Then you can set the status through a new actioncard:

The Zero (0) is needed to function correctly in the Mobile App.

Also, the mobile app doesn’t update correctly always: maybe we need a ticket for support from Athom.

1 Like

Screenshot_20220824-194300_Homey~01

1 Like

@Arie_J_Godschalk
How did you got a text capability showing up in the device tile? As I know this is only possible for numeric capabilities?

This is really cool… it means i can add a short code to the button for “dishwasher” showing if it is running, cooling down or off….

Will test asap !

Really very cool!
Some examples:

Screenshot_20220824-225142_Homey

But, it indeed doesn’t update well yet on it’s own. Closing and opening the app makes it updating:

Or selecting anothere zone/room and go back will also make it update.

I will send in a ticket to athom support. But since i am using a nondescript function/ hack to achieve the statustext, im not sure the will hurry to fix it :wink:

1 Like