Shelly1 - doorbell - no notification

I’ve installed a Shelly1 with a ‘dummy’ doorbell. Shelly1 is working, app is working…only homey app isn’t receiving a notification if I push the doorbell. Only if I push longer (what nobody will do usually). The shelly app is set button type-toggle mode. I’ve tried all the other options but Homey isn’t receiving a notification. what am I missing

I assume to read the trouble shooting infos in the first topic of the Homey Shelly thread. Maybe this info can be helpful.

I’ve read the trouble-info but haven’t found a solution. the shelly is only triggered if I hold the doorbell button for a bit longer. Which nobody will do in real life. will continue searching but open for any input

Can you show the CoAP/Outbound Socket settings of your Shelly? And also the button configuration.

Have you set Homey to check ‘Input 1’ changes?
Maybe if you switch Shelly to ‘External Input’ and use that instead?

see attached screenshots

yes but no result. The status of ‘input 1’ isn’t triggered. only with a longer push

If you have a Homey Pro 2023 model connected to Ethernet, make sure that 192.168.68.73 is the correct IP address for the Ethernet port, and not for Homey’s WiFi. There was an issue a few firmwares ago where the two where switched by accident, causing problems with the Shelly app setting the incorrect IP address.

You can find the correct address here: Homey Developer Tools

Also, if your Homey doesn’t yet have a fixed IP address in your router, you need to make sure that it does.

let me double check the fix IP setting which I should have done already. I’ve a homey pro (early 2019). Only wifi. still not sure if should buy the 2023 version

All the devices are having a fixed IP. Have re-installed the shelly1 within the shelly app becuase even the app itselfs isn’t reacting on a short push. Have contacted shelly support if they’ve a solution. still open for any suggestion and will react if I’ve a reply from shelly

Then the Shelly should switch and subsequently update Homey.

Apparently the Shelly needs a longer contract to actually detect the input. I highly doubt Allterco Robotics will be able to help you with that. Sounds like a hardware limitation.

Relevant: ShellyForHASS | Shelly Input Switch Delayed Response On HA
“…but it means instead of being able to ‘tap’ the push button when entering a room you have to hold for approx 1s before the command is seen”

Someone in the thread there suggests that the delay doesn’t happen when Shelly published to MQTT.

Worth investigating but that thread seems more about a delay and not a complete miss. And it would be strange if MQTT would work but CoAP wouldnt. Although I’m aware Shelly firmware handles different actions sequentially (something like first own cloud, mqtt, coap/websocket, http action events) I would still think that the actions, once fired, would all run.

How I’m reading it is that short taps don’t register, only when the button is pressed at least a second is it passed to HA. Which seems to be similar to what OP is experiencing.

You are right (again). So it’s probably a hardware limitation. I’m interested in what Allterco Robotics is going to respond.

With the support of Shelly I’ve tested several settings but with no positive result. Shelly suppport offered a Shelly 1 Plus with no charge and today I’ve installed the SHelly 1 Plus succesful. Doorbell - short push - with a notification and Homey nofication ! Have already created some flows. THanks all for your replies and special thanks to Shelly support !