Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor in homey pro?

Is it possible to get this device working with homey pro.

It says that the manufacturer is samjin but the box is labled Samsung.

This is the device Motion Sensor - Zigbee Alliance

After multiple tries and a lot of swearing :innocent: I finally found the solution…Add the sensor as an Aeotec Motion Sensor IM6000. Works perfectly!

I hope this is still useful after 2 whole years!!!

Newbie here. How do you do that? Every time I try to add it it gets the Samji settings and I can’t change them.

I just needed to add the Aeotec app first… :person_facepalming:

Hi, i try to add Aeotec Motion Sensor IM6000 thru Aeotec official app. but it just gives me error. same with water sensor. anyone want to give some help.

I have the same issue with the Aeotec Motion Sensor IM6001. It fails every time in Learn Mode.

So do you have it working now? Mine is the SmartThings Motion Sensor IM6001, but when I try and pair it with my Homey Pro (Early 2023) using the Aeotec App, it starts the pairing process then times out saying “Unable to Connect. The device could not be configured correctly, please try again”

Yes, it took me a couple of tries but it worked.

If it helps, I had the device really close to the Homey Pro and I started the pairing process just when the app said me to. Also the device had a fresh battery. I’m not sure if any of this makes any difference.

I made multiple attempts to pair my device, likely around 10 times, and also tried it very close to the Homey (bridge) hub. My device had previously been paired with a Smartthings hub, which might be contributing to the issue. However, I decided to return it. In its place, I’ve purchased an Aqara motion sensor as a replacement.

I logged a support ticket with Aeotec. Their response is as follows:

We have reproduced this problem and are just investigating it.

Currently, this problem seems to occur with version 10.2.0 of Homey, so we have contacted Homey and are trying to fix the problem as soon as possible.

As soon as there is a solution, we will inform you.

1 Like

Update from Aeotec:

"The problem has been identified and solved by Homey in the current release version 10.2.1-rc.2.

If you do not want to install a release version, you can wait for the stable update 10.2.1 and add the devices as usual after the installation.

If you want to install the release version, follow the instructions:

1. Open the page Homey Developer Tools in a browser
  2. Log in with your access data
  3. Select your Homey Pro (on the left under the login)
  4. Switch to Settings
  5. Activate Experimental Updates
  6. Start your Homey App
  7. Switch to More
  8. Select Settings
  9. Tap on Updates
  10. Tap on Download and Install

If the update was successful, you can add our device to Homey as usual.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy using our products."

I have updated to the suggested version and can confirm that Pairing of the SmartThings sensors is now working normally :slight_smile: