Run modes in Flows

Hi. I am evaluating moving to HP.
This because my current HA setup sometimes simply ceases to support certain hardware, making it very maintenance intensive. However, before I spend EUR 399 I would like to check out some things.
Like, what happens if a flow runs and gets triggered again? In my current system a script can be told to run once, restart, or run parallel instances in this situation.
As far as I can investigate the HP does not allow for this different run modes.

For example I am using a script that:

• detects presence.
  • turns on a light
  • wait 30 minutes
  • turns of a light.
    Now, if motion is detected I can run this script so it will restart when triggered a second time, not leaving me in the dark after half an hour.
    Please tell me this feature is available in Homey Pro as well.

Hoi!
Something from Fibaro? :wink: I mean kill other instances of…

But here actually the wait in script is not the good manner. For this purpose in HP are timers.

1. Flow(script) detects presense, turns on the light and sets timer for 30 minutes
  2. If timer reaches 0 it triggers flow which turns off the light

And if the fast flow(script) #1 is triggered multiple times nothing bad happens. Lights already on, timer set back to 30 minutes and continues to tick down… till #2

1 Like

Use the Zone has been inactive for x minutes card.

I see just the opposite: Homey stops supporting certain hardware (either because apps weren’t upgraded to SDK3, or the app is simply abandoned) while HA supports more and more with every new update :thinking:

In any case: Homey doesn’t have run modes like HA does.

I don’t know exactly what @Cuprum is trying to explain, but “timers” how they are describing them are not built-in and require an app (similar to a custom HA integration) like Chronograph.

They also only support a subset of what’s possible with HA (only restarts, not any of the other modes). The default “run mode” for a Homey flow is “parallel” without an explicit max.

But as already pointed out, the example that you use can (sometimes) be implemented in a different way, by using zones (which in HA are called areas).

Yes, You’re right - timers are not built in into HP, but they are actually so useful/used applications, like “native components”.

About explaining - how to solve the lamp problem in HP :wink: .
Why - The idea of longlive scripts and “one instance running” blast me from my old Fibaro times. There was real problem with keeping script running during the long periods, and also keeping “headcount” of multiple running instances.

I’m not sure how that relates to Home Assistant’s automation modes, though :woozy_face:

Yep, now me to…
But anyway - hope, this flow description helps litle bit to explain difference between long-running monolithic scripts and event orjented flows.
End from my side now…