Flow won't run after trigger of first flow that should run other flow (Homey Pro 2023)

Hi there guys,
I have migrated from 8.1.6 (early 2019) to a new Early 2023 (10.0.0rc-122) via restore backup.
I’m facing an issue with my new Homey Pro early 2023.
It’s the exact same issue that I had a 11 months ago with the 8.0.4 software update.
Which topic can be found here.

I will copy and paste the issue here as it’s the exact same issue.

I’m having issues with my Homey. I’m using structured flows to seperate ligths and switches so I can create multiple scenes and change a light now and then without going through all the flows to change the lights.
Nevertheless.
The thing is, when a flow is triggered that has to trigger another flow. The other flow won’t get triggered. When I run the flow by hand (that won’t get triggered by the flow above) it works flawless.

As a matter of fact, everything worked yesterday. And this morning (4-5 am) the Homey updated itself and now the flows in other flows won’t get triggered.

Does anybody also have this problem? Or maybe a solution?

I already rebooted the Homey, but with no avail. I also tried to re-add the flow, to the flow, but this also did nothing.

I’m not using advanced flow btw.

Thanks in advance!

I hope this isn’t a flaw of the “I understand that some things might not work properly” check when I threw it in my shopping basket.
Bacause flows, and nested flows, sound to me like a core thing that should work.
But correct me if I’m wrong.

Things done so far:

• Reinstalled firmware/software with the online USB tool
  • created test flow(s) (one flow trying to run another)

Thanks in advance!

As my fortune telling abilities are still none existent (and probably the case for every other community member), it is very hard to help you if you don’t show your Flows what could be happening (or not happening), when you expect them to happen.
Might be just a bad thinking path you’ve endorsed yourself on stopping the flow from triggering, or stop shortly after triggering.

1 Like

Hi Caseda,

I’ve created 2 test flows. when I run the upper level flow “Flow Test - (Upper Level)”, it sends a push-notification saying “upper level flow started” followed by an action of triggering/running the flow called “flow test - lower level flow”. The push-notification “upper level flow started” reaches my phone.
This “flow test - lower level flow” only has one action, sending a push-notification saying “lower level flow started”.
The message “lower level flow started” never got sent to my phone because the flow doesn’t run despite the command that’s being given by the flow “Flow Test - (Upper Level)”.

(for the record, DummyVar is a place holder for creating flows that don’t need to run on a trigger but will be called by other flows)

and what if you change your second flow’s trigger card to be:
screenie
(translated: This flow is/has started)

1 Like

one word, hero.
Wouldn’t thougth of this because I never knew where it was used for. But indeed. It’s working!
I guess this is a direct substitute of my DummyVar solution/workaround?
I’ve directly tested this with Flows that have their own trigger. Like a wall switch. And the wall switch doesn’t seem to be a problem for running the nested flow. It’s the flows that have the “If “DummyVar” has changed” as a start trigger.

I do have to test my other flows that do run on a change of variable, but since this is a change that the flow is waiting for, I don’t see any problems.

Thanks for now!:pray: I can proceed “moving furniture” in the Homey Pro this weekend!:grin: