Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Hi @Subash_Adigal,

Flows should not be necessary, it should work over the Heimdall integration.

Could you please stop and start both the Heimdall and Ring Security app, wait a minute to make sure both are started and then type a PIN on the keypad and click the button for either the Home or Away mode.
Next, please send a Diagnostics Report from both apps and inform me about them.

@DaneedeKruyff en door sensor sabotage alarm stays on. Can not turn it of? Maybe problem in the app? 8b800b65-2311-44d9-bfca-de822c23bda3

Hi Yannick,

The tamper alarm (Sabotagealarm) is an alarm that is sent by the device to Homey and passed on to the Ring Security app. The tamper alarm is triggered by opening the sensor, so my advice is to check if the cover is properly attached and doesn’t move when the ‘poort’ is opened (or closed) It’s not possible to turn this alarm of, if you can’t fix it I’d suggest to just ignore it, if it bothers you I guess you’ll have to replace the device.

btw, why did you mention Subash_Adigal in your post? Don’t think that’s very useful.

Ok thx! Sorry was the wrong name. Little to fast.

Hi there :slight_smile:

I bought 2x Ring Keypad (v2) 14 days ago.

Unfortunately, I find that they are very unstable.

I have taken them both and placed it close to my Homey 23.

I have tried restarting App Heimdal and then Ring Security.

Many times this causes the units to work for a few hours. After that, one is dead and the other is working. Mysteriously, they switch to work or not.

There is basically only one keypad that works (and this switches between each other).

Sometimes one lights up red in the diode, while most of the time it freezes and does not respond at all. (I disabled Disabling “Use Proximity Detection”)

I have repeatedly: Removed the devices from Homey, Factory reset both keypads and restarted the Heimdal app and then Ring Security app. And reinstalled the devices again. Unfortunately, after a few hours I find that one device (randomly which one) does not work - BUT still responds (sounds) when I press.

When I try to press the device which works in the following modes: armed, shell protection and disabled - both keypads respond (sound and Heimdal) with lights and diodes. Which indicates to me that there is indeed a connection between the devices.

I have considered buying an AEOTEC RANGE EXTENDER 7, but since both keypads are about 10 meters away from my Homey 23. I don’t think it’s my Z wave, the connection is too bad. Nor because they both seem to react when I switch between the different modes.

Can anyone confirm that this app can handle 2 x keypads at the same time?

Have I overlooked something?

And is there a solution that allows both keypads to be used?

Finally, thank you for a super cool app, which I really hope I can use to its full potential! :slight_smile:

Homey Pro (Early 2023)
Version 10.0.2

Manufactorer ID: 838
Product Type ID: 257
Product ID: 1025

Hi Henrik,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on finding Heimdall and the Ring Security app. It is definitely possible to use more than one keypad with Homey. But from your post I see some things that are wrong, and as you may have read in this topic, the Ring Keypad can be a hassle.
First of all, you’re using the new Homey Pro and unfortunately its Z-Wave is not performing as it should at the moment. Another thing I noticed in your screenshot, you have quite a lot of unknown nodes, that’s also not good. And like mentioned earlier the Ring Keypad can sometimes have a mind of it’s own.

For now I’d suggest you reset your Z-Wave network to start fresh and get rid of the unknown nodes. Keep an eye out for new firmware releases addressing Z-Wave and keep an eye out for news in the posts on the forum here regarding Z-Wave problems.

Hi DaneedeKruyff,

Thanks for the quick reply - and thanks for taking a closer look at my problem. I have followed your advice on restarting my z wave devices. And removed unknown devices. (I still don’t know what some units were, as there was no information at all on them.)

Today I bought the AEOTEC RANGE EXTENDER 7 - which I expect to receive by post during the week. My house is very big, so it won’t hurt under any circumstances.

I follow this forum, in the hope that something new will come. and that Homey 23 generally starts to perform better z wave.

Thank you very much for your support, I may write again :slight_smile:

Hi I’ve got the same problem, but the temper alarm doesn’t go of after attaching the keypad to the charger (with temper alarm set to yes). Any tip that I can try to fix this?

Perhaps toggling the Use tamper alarm and getting the keypad closer to your Homey.
Which Homey are you using?

Hi - thanks for making this first off! I’m setting up a Ring Outdoor Sensor ( US region ) and it’s not registering- here is the device info:

Thanks

Hi @amcdnl,

Thanks, I’ve added the info to the driver, published a new version which is now awaiting approval by Athom.

You are amazing! Thank you so much!

Can I use the Ring Alarm app as usual with magnet sensors, motion detectors, fire detectors, keypad and so on, while I extend the alarm function with another brand of a cameras that activates and and records when the alarm is triggered?
I do not like the fact that the Ring cameras require a subscription for recording video.

Hi Stefan,

Hello and congratulations on finding this forum and this topic. I advise you to read the first post of this topic to get familiar with what the purpose of this app is.
In short, when adding the Ring Security devices to Homey they are no longer part of the Ring Alarm system and thus can no longer be used in the Ring Alarm app.

Anyone know if it’s possible to use 2 or more ring keypads (v2) with the Heimdall system? I would like to use one at each entrance door.

Hi @flowerpiece,

This questions was asked just a few posts back, and also answered: Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products - #381 by DaneedeKruyff

Hello everyone. I just bought a Ring Keypad v2, but I can’t set the PIN I want. Do I need to buy the HUB for this?

Thanks

Read this and then it works…

1 Like

Thank you

Hello,
I have a post into the device topic regarding Ring motion sensors getting stuck on a Homey Pro 2023.

The problem seemed to get noticeably worse when I went from one motion sensor to two.

I’m not really blaming the app for this, as I can’t see how the Ring Security App would cause Z-Wave data to stop updating…

Link to original post.

Other than that, I should mention that to pair the Motion sensor V2 one needs to first factory reset with a paper clip until red light shows, then press the front button until we have been able to step through the two first steps of the pairing process and it is time to enter the PIN code. To remove and reinsert batteries will not have any effect, even if this is what the app is asking for.