Ring image grabber problem

I thought I had the beta installed.
Found it now thnx

It works on my Ring V2. But I have to find out how much delay, because there is nobody in the picture. Is this picture also stored some Where.

I tested the flow again, and now I have an image of the latest alarm, verry strange.

I can also send the image to Google hub. Now only the right one and this is a great Job. :+1::+1::clap::clap:

Stored in images on developer web. Looks like it uses the same image over and over.

It looks like hè stores it, but shows the photo before.

Thnx found it.

Flow did run a few times, but stopt working. :cry:

Same here, some bugs. Does not work with pushover either, Ring 2.1.2?

These are limitations from the Ring battery powered device/API. It asks for a new picture but it sends the last saved one even it’s old.

1 Like

This morning during a quick test I worked around it by restarting the app after sending the image.
Dont know if it’s a lasting solution though. Will test some more this weekend.
And thanks for making it work by the way! Truly awewome @mapulu and @denniedegroot

Hi I’m really struggling to figure this out. I have installed 2.1.2 beta and I have as z wave door bell.

When someone presses the bell I want my ring stick up camera to take a snapshot then send a push notification to my phone with the picture and some text.

I had this working with nest cameras but I can’t get it working with my stick to camera

My Ring is wired, tried to restart the app, now no image at all, only the notification.

Hi I’m really struggling to figure this out. I have installed 2.1.2 beta and I have as z wave door bell.

When someone presses the bell I want my wired ring stick up camera to take a snapshot then send a push notification to my phone with the picture and some text.

I had this working with nest cameras but I can’t get it working with my wired stick up camera

Anyone else still having problems?
Flow doesn’t seem to be working most of the time, and when it works I get the wrong image with nobody at the door.

We don’t get that many people at the front door but after testing a while I would agree, most of the time it doesn’t work. Checked the flows many times but seem to be alright

1 Like

Doesn’t work here either, same problems. I gave up again. :slight_smile:

I have tested it for a week now, and it works flawless. I use the ring pro motion detection as trigger, and make a snapshot WITH 1 SECOND DELAY!

I think the delay is important for the ring api to setup the image before it can be retrieved by Homey

1 Like

Let’s try that, so to be clear, the sec delay is at the get current snapshot ?

I have the exact same config and for me it also works flawless.
I wonder if the screenshot is extracted from the recording, the recording always contains footage from before the motion event so the delay makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Got it like that now, thanks