Ring image grabber problem

You need at the moment 2 flows for this.
One which grabs the image (Then… Grab current snapshot)
Another one which sends you the image (When… Snapshot is grabbed)
You have in the second flow the image Tag which you can use in the send a push image flowcard.
If you are using an iPhone you need to insert a text into the message field at the push image flowcard.

1 Like

I’ve got the first flow.
When I try making the second flow and I use the ‘push an image’ card I only get tags for my 3 IP cameras.
Is it maybe because I just installed the beta app and the tag is only created the first time the doorbell is rang?

Sure you added the “[Ring] Snapshot is grabbed” Card in When…?

My flows:!

OK, didn’t know I had to use that card in the When-column to have the tag available. :slight_smile:
I was trying to integrate the Then-card in another existing flow.

Thanks, it’s working now!

[edit]
Spoke too soon, no image is being sent :thinking:

You also need the Then-Card in another (existing?) flow.

Pictures say more than 1000 words I guess :slight_smile:

I used ‘Algemeen Alarm’ because I only want an image when someone rings the door, not for every motion.

Seems good.
Other image notifications work for you?

Using this:

Works great but using Pushover instead of Homeys notification.
@Fire69 Do you get images at https://developer.athom.com/tools/images ? After the first flow fires the snapshot should show up there (with a slight delay)

When I run the second flow with the Test button, I get a notification with the default Athom image attached, so notifications should be working ok.

When I test the second flow, the image shows up there.
When I trigger the first flow by ringing the doorbell, nothing happens…

And what happens when u test the first flow?

It gives me this

But… I figure that’s because I don’t have Live View enabled for the Ring so it’s normal it can’t reach the device when it’s not awake (by pushing the doorbell)
I put in the 5 sec delay as a test to give the device time to wake up. With or without delay makes no difference though.

[edit]
Ok, got it working by enabling Live View.
But I don’t want that enabled because it drains the battery (it’s not cabled).

Anybody here using it without Live View enabled?

Then it seems that Ring only creates snapshots when live view is enabled. I don’t know any other way to take/get snapshots from that device.

That’s a bummer then.
I can do about 3 months on a charge now. When it’s connected to the Wifi fulltime, I don’t think it’ll last even a month.

my images show up, but the capture must be very delayed since it dosen`t contain a face!

1 Like

I dont get this THEN card… I got a Ring 1 is that why I dont have this card?

You do, check under apps in “select action”

Do you have the Homey Ring Beta App. It’s only in the Beta App.

Ah, mine is on continuous power, can’t even find a setting to enable/disable live view.

Maybe try a delay in the Grab current snapshot card. In a video of a ring event on my doorbell there’s some 7 seconds before the actual pressing of the bell. I don’t know at what time the snapshot is generated.