Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

Hi,

Thanks for a great app!

Unfortunately, I suddenly have problems getting the generic and motion alarms to work. Snapshot is working though.

I have tried “everything”. Restarted the app in Homey. Reinstalled the app. Installed the latest test version. Can’t get the alarms to work.

Do you have any tips and tricks that I can try?

I have the same (early 2023) with my Ring Pro 2.
The advanced flow is working good when i test it, but in “real” use the flow is not working. I only use the general alarm…
Personely i think it has to do with HP2023. Thats why i did’nt respond here…

@Warhawkut @Rob_Kolenbrander

Could you please stop and start the app again, wait a minute and next send me a Diagnostics Report?

c9f1ccbb-51b0-4680-8291-d180220b812b

Here you go…

@Rob_Kolenbrander
Yeah, I have the old one though (2019). So it seems that it’s not a problem only on HP2023

Here is mine
bbeca179-f7f8-41bb-893b-971846f051cf

I’ve recieved the reports, I will look into them later today and get back to you.

I see no indication in both your logs that the Ring App has problem connecting with the Ring Servers, no errors whatsoever.

Here are 2 steps to try to fix your problem:

1. Please go into the Ring App settings and click the Revoke Authentication button. Next go to any of your Ring Devices in the Homey app and click Try to Repair. This will take you to the logon page, please logon and fulfil the MFA requirement.
    (Don’t stress to much about this, while testing the app I’ve revoked my authentication literally thousands of times, there’s no harm in it.)
    Now test the working of your flows.

If the above didn’t help, please try this:

1. Remove your Ring Doorbell, restart the Ring App and add the Ring Doorbell again. Next check all your flows and replace flow cards when needed.
    Now test the working of your flows.

Please let me know if this fixed the problem for you and if so wether both steps were needed or just the first.

Unfortunately both solutions did’nt work. Again, testing the flow all is working well.
The notification and snapshot was working fine until a week ago. Suddenly it stopt working. Revoke authentication, remove and add doorbell, use another Ring app firmware, i tried it all, but it did,t gave the solution.

Here is my latest report:
9f957fab-af02-4f0e-ad93-2354d37543e9

I use a Google Nest hub + Google Nest mini to receive the notification, and the hub to receive the snapshot as well.
Both are working fine in other flows. To be shure i removed them also and added them again. Still no solution unfortunately…

Since a number of days, I have to reset the app regularly, probably daily. The authentication with Ring its not lost but the app loses the links to the devices. What can be done about this?

I experienced the same as @Rob_Kolenbrander . Tried revoking. Reinstalling. Deleting the device. Still no alarms are working:)

Snapshot works for me🙂

I’m afraid something is going on at Ring. Right now I’m also no longer receiving Ring events from my Doorbell, motion seems to be unaffected.

Unfortunately I see nothing I can do about that at the moment. I’ve checked my Homeys (Regular, Pro and new Pro) and all three of them show the same behaviour.

Device settings are Ok, Ring subscription is Ok. Getting information from the Ring API, like a snapshot or reading information from devices is no problem at all.
It seems like the Ring API is no longer sending out Ring Messages to Homeys.

I’ve setup additional logging in the version I’m running here, I hope it will give me some more insights on what’s going on.

2 Likes

Thank you for looking into this @DaneedeKruyff

Hopefully it will be solved soon

3 Likes

Thanks for diving in :+1:

3 Likes

Hi,

My problem is a little different. I enable motion on my Ring Doorbell Pro 2. If I enable it my flow works OK, but only once. Then I have to enable it again for it to work again. This only started happening recently. Maybe in the timeframe that 10.0.0-rc.100 was loaded onto HP23.

Here are my Flows.
Flow 0

Which version of the Ring app are you using Peter?

Could you please check the Motion Detection setting in the Ring Smartphone app after the flow that turns on the light is succesfully triggered?

Do you also have a flow that disables motion detection on your Ring Doorbell, could you add a card to that flow that writes to the timeline when that flow is run?

I have the same problem

When some ring the doorbell my flow isn’t working

How to: Fix notifications

There does indeed seem to be something going on at Ring resulting in notifications not being sent to devices (other than the official Ring Smartphone app)

If you are not receiving these events, or they are only working sporadically, the steps below should help.

Steps to fix notifications

• In the official Ring App, go to the Control Center. This can be reached from the main menu, under the Account section. See this article if you are having trouble finding it
  • Click on Authorized Client Devices
  • You will now see a list of authorized devices on your account. You should remove all devices associated with the Ring Doorbell and Cameras App. The devices created by this App will be listed as android devices, with names like:
    • Homey
    • Homey-Auth-token (This one will only exist after a restart off the app)
  • Once you have removed the devices, you will need to re-authenticate at Ring
  • Restart the Ring Doorbell and Cameras App on your Homey
  • Go into any of your Ring devices and re-authenticate by clicking Try to Repair and logon.
  • Notifications should now be working :crossed_fingers: :rocket:

Click here for the original article by the author of the ring-client-api library

4 Likes

This solution works!!!
Thank you for all your searching and trying :+1:
Hopefully it will stay working. I Will keep you informed…

1 Like

For me this was also the solution for now thank you Danee

1 Like

This work for me too. Thanks Danee.

1 Like