Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

@Warhawkut @Rob_Janssen
Could you please try this and report back?

Wohoo. Perfect. Works without any issues nowšŸ„³

Thank youšŸ¤©

1 Like

Again the notifications stopped.
But now i have noticed a triggerā€¦
This morning i have updated my HP2023 to new firmware 10.0.0 rc105
After that, my Ring pro2 gave one time a notification (general alarm), but after that it stopped.
Again, testing the flow was working fine.
I had to re-authorize my Ring, and all is working fine again.

Hopefully you can do something with this informationā€¦
I manually updated my HP. Normally, comming night the HP2023 will update automaticly. If other users have the same behavior after the update, we know a little moreā€¦

Thatā€™s unfortunate, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s related to updating your Homey as my new Homey also updated to rc105 (by itself) and I still receive notifications.
But it worries me that it happened again, I truly have no idea what could be done to prevent this from happening as this seems to be happening at Rings side.

1 Like

New test version published

Version 2.10.20

• Added Smart Alerts to Doorbell and Cameras
  • Minor translation fixes

Minor change since test version 2.10.19, no new functionality just some code cleanup and minor translation fixes

2 Likes

Just wanted to say your work is much appreciated @DaneedeKruyff !

3 Likes

Homey in Ring keeps being added as Android. I removed them again and then repaired in Homey and Enabled Motion Detection. Still the flow is not working. I am on rc105 but canā€™t tell what version of your App Iā€™m on.

Here is the message I got from Ring. It looks like regardless of the device you use they assume Android.
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 6.11.21 pm

What should it be logged in as if not Android? iOs?

I am going to raise it with Ring. I did call their support line but the people who answer have no idea.

Ring does not support third party apps, they seem to condone them but that may change. Please do not attract their attention to this app by raising a ticket!

And itā€™s completely by design the Homey app identifies as Android at Ring, if the app were to identify as Homey Iā€™m sure it would never be able to connect.

The appā€™s version can be found in the app in the apps section in the homey app.

• Please let me know what version you are using

You do not need a flow to enable motion of your Ring device, only when you also have a flow to disable motion.

• Do you have a flow that disables motion?

After performing the steps to get notifications working again you posted it worked for you again, when did it fail again?

My Ring notifications stopped again. Is there anything i can do or test before i perform all the steps again?
There is maybe one thing thats different between me and other users; i am using a trial subscription because i replaced my Ring for a new Ring Doorbell.
Its strange there are not a lot more complaintsā€¦

@DaneedeKruyff I can also confirm notifications not working anymore they stopped working around 12 o clock today

@Rob_Kolenbrander @Mark1541 sorry, I have no idea why this happens and how to fix this other than removing the device from Ring and reauthenticating again.

1 Like

Really strange and sad itā€™s not working

Is that at the ring side (they changed something ?)

Hope you or ring fix this hahaha it worked perfectly

Well yes, something is going on at Ring.
The problem is seen on old and new Homeys, the firmware on older Homeys hasnā€™t changed for quite a while. It also happens to both the stable version of the app as the test version, the stable version is also from a while ago, way before the problems surfaced. And the weird thing is, not every user of this is affected. Also, some users of other apps on completely different platforms using the same API client are also affected.
The only thing that doesnā€™t seem affected is the official Ring Smartphone app.

1 Like

Apologies. I wonā€™t take it any further.

This is what my authorised device list looks like.

My App version is v2.10.14

I didnā€™t realise I didnt have to enable motion. I do not have a disable motion flow.

I removed the after sunset check in my flow and tried it again this morning. It worked. I will continue to test over the next few days and report back.

1 Like

Here no motion notifications since three days. Ring V2

Did you try read ?

For me that works but after a few hours / day it stopped working :/(

Not working tonight. Interestingly I set up an automation in Apple Home via HomeKitty and it doesnā€™t work either. I guess it also relies on your App as it is your App which exposes the Ring devices on Homey.

Do any of you who is having the problem reboot homey on a regular basis?
Does the disconnect happen after a reboot?