Restore only one Device

Hello,

I have deleted a Fibaro Walli Roller Shutter with my Homey beacause I wanted to reset its configuration as I had problems with it.

After having deleting it, I tried to add the device one again, but Homey asked me for the first 5 digits of the DSK. I do not have the device’s box and the device is really hard to acces (it’s in a wall …), so I don’t have the 5 digits.

So, it is possible to restore the devices only (and not the flows) using Homey’s official backup (I have one) or the unofficial HomeyBackup app (I’ve one rather old backup) ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Have you tried 0 0 0 0 0 already? That works for my NEO Coolcam sockets.

Nope,
Not possible
See here Homey Cloud Backup vs HCB&RWA

3 Likes

Great, it works fine with 0 0 0 0 0 :joy:
Thanks a lot Dijker :muscle:

Good to know, that it works with 00000. :+1:t3:
I would not have guessed that because the 5 digits are definitely printed on the backside of Walli devices.

Do keep in mind that 00000 only works because no company used that as code and thus making it wrong, resulting in including the device unsecure.
in theorie any code, other then the right one, will have the same effect.

1 Like

So this is the new „Walli“ workaround to include S2 devices with authentication unsecure?

It isn’t a workaround, it is just how S2 authentication works (with code), no authentication code to encrypt data with during pairing, no security possible.
Does only work with devices that have the authentication code, the devices that don’t have the code will always still be included as S2 (Unauthenticated).