[Solved] [red ring] I got red ring after update homey today

My Homey also is stuck on red ring now.
First I tried Recovery Mode and pairing it back with the WiFi. It connects to WiFi successfully, starts yellow ring and is processing. Then turns to solid red after 5 minutes.
Have tried PTP with 15 min waiting. It has working yellow ring for about 5-7 minutes, then lands back to solid red.
Tried with different cable and adapter. It’s an original Homey (1) from late-mid 2018.
I am trying anything to stay away from factory reset as it is connected to about 40 devices, and it has probably 100 flows.

Just throwing in my two cents. Are you also using the original power cord? (USB cable)
some low end USB cables also cause issues with the power supply. (speaking with experience when I tried attaching the Homey sphere to a longer cable)

I see you have tried to withdraw your post, did you solve your problem? Could you share your total experience? Mine is still not working. :frowning: I cant turn my floor heating off either.

i have a multi functions meter, so i can confirm that, the power supply is in good condition.

yes bro, i still use the origial cable.

my case still has not been solved yet. i will try with a power supply that has 3A. But i do not hope it will solves my problem.

i will try with a 5V-3A adapter and feedback the result later. Thanks you!

i will try with a 3A adapter!

Same problem here. Did the same, nothing helps. I use the original adapter. No idea what to do next.

And u also tried this?

Same problem here. Tried all solutions mentioned and more, have been working on it for hours and hours. Since so many people are experiencing the same problem at the same time, it looks like things were changed at Athom? Can anyone from Athom respond, what is causing this problem and how can you solve it?

Hi, I am also having a same problem. Red ring and even after factory reset, it will get stuck during boot up and eventually show a constant red ring.

Can anyone from Athom respond please?

Athom generally does not read or respond to these topics so better file a support request.

Thanks a lot for informing!

let me know when your problem is sloved! good luck!

my problem was solved, let try the way the Athom officer guiding me!

Yes, it worked!

Let trying the solution in the topic update, my problem was solved!

I’ve faced the red ring as well, a few days after the upgrade to the 3.0 version.

I’ve tried all standard options including a fresh install/factory reset, which first seemed to solve the issue but after 3 days (and rebuilding a big part of my flows) the Homey went down again with the red ring…

My homey now even didn’t came through the reset procedure (flipping the unit) about half way in the spoken instruction: “go to setup.homey…” , the homey restarted… and this continued over and over.

I also noticed that during the boot the led ring did not run smoothly, I could see the leds freeze very shortly and then continue.

A check at the requested power from the USB-power supply (done with a USB power measure device) did not show a high power requirement, it did stay at about 1 Amp max. However, booting with my standard 2Amp USB chargers did not work. Only after exchanging the USB power supply with a QuickCharge USB power supply, brought back life in my Homey.

So in my case, the issue seems to be that the Homey is requesting high peak power during the boot process and the standard 2-2.1 Amp power supply aren’t providing enough current.

This weekend I tried again resetting and updating. This time update to 3.1.0 worked (I didn’t see this update earlier, Homey said he was up to date). Homey is running again, only he doesn’t listen to voice commands any more (he says: ‘I do not know what you mean’). Shame.