Raw configuration parameters, z-wave raw in flow card and Volume control Doorbell 6

Most devices in my Homey app has a settings -> advanced settings and in that list there is a field for setting “Raw configuration parameter”. The place holder is [id, size, value; id, size, value; …]. How does this work?

The value I insert there is never validated or confirmed OK. When I return to the main page for advanced settings the field remains blank (with a [-]). Ive added a screen capture of the issue: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0-_w3ZZeRTXU4-hoZkmYMkZZg

Am I misunderstanding how to use this input? Or is there a bug?

Any help on the matter would be most appreciated!

What do you want to do? Raw commands can also be done by a flow.

well you already do it differently then the place holder you show (ID,SIZE,VALUE; ID,SIZE,VALUE), you completely missed the semicolon ( ; ) between each parameter.
But something that might be wrong in the place holder that all (white)spaces need to not be there (also that one after the semicolon, though i’m not completely sure about that).

Though without telling anything you are trying to change it is indeed pretty difficult to help, as you seem to add a lot of values, and wrong sizes.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch
be careful what you say there :stuck_out_tongue: raw parameters (advanced settings) what the OP shows is different then raw command (flow), raw parameters can only set parameters (settings), raw commands can do pretty much do everything.
Though it does seem like he wants to do more then set parameters indeed, and thus the wrong place.

Thanks for your interest in the matter! What Im trying to do is to send “0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x03, 0x79, 0x05, 0x32, 0x0A” to a Aeotec Doorbell 6. Is at Node Id 40 in my network. The command should set a volume and change the sound on my first button used on the doorbell. It is not important how I achieve this. A solution may be by sending this command either by script, flow or as a raw command in the devices advanced settings in the homey app.

The advanced settings only is for parameters, not for anything else, so it can’t do what you want to do.

To send other command class commands (like you want) you either need to do it via the z-wave flow card (like martijn already mentioned),
Or via developer tools (though then your device needs to be included unsecure).
Though do you know what you are sending? or is this just a guess, as your command doesn’t make much sense for the doorbell to me :thinking:

Aeotec support suggested using Sound Switch Command Class (encapsulated by MultiChannel command class) to set tone and volume on the Doorbell 6. “Destination Node, Command Class, Command Class function, values.”

COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL = 0x60
MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP = 0x0D
Source End Point = 0x00
Destination End Point = 0x04
COMMAND_CLASS_SOUND_SWITCH = 0x79
SOUND_SWITCH_CONFIGURATION_SET = 0x05
Volume = 0x32
Default Tone Identifier = 0x0A

Thus, “0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x04, 0x79, 0x05, 0x32, 0x0A”

1 Like

I cant find a card in flow.homey.app for adding z-wave raw commands. What am I missing?

It’s in the ‘then’ column:

@Caseda thanks for stepping in :wink: clearly shows why you have your title :wink:

No, its not. Is there a setting for activating this? Or are you on a different domain? https://flow.homey.app/ has a blue background.

I’ve changed the background in flows… so we are using the same. Maybe it is part of the experimental settings.

In the app: More -> Settings -> Experiments -> Power User

1 Like

Bingo. Thank you for taking the time helping me!

For clearity. Adding the command to a flow didnt solve the issue of setting volume on doorbell.

For every item you need to set the item-id, the length and the value.
Like @Caseda already said before.
show ( ID,SIZE,VALUE;ID,SIZE,VALUE ), you completely missed the semicolon ( ; ) between each parameter

Probably most parameters can be directly set from enhanced parameters i guess ( i don’t own such a device)

If you want send a Raw Command, like change a configuration parameter, than it looks like this one:
(e.g. Parameter 40, size 1, value 3)

0x70, 0x04, 0x28, 0x01, 0x03

• 0x70 = CONFIGURATION_CLASS
  • 0x04 = set
  • 0x28 = Parameter 40
  • 0x01 = Size 1
  • 0x03 = value 3

But where do I send it? How?

The raw command I wish to submit is:

COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL = 0x60
MULTI_CHANNEL_CMD_ENCAP = 0x0D
Source End Point = 0x00
Destination End Point = 0x04
COMMAND_CLASS_SOUND_SWITCH = 0x79
SOUND_SWITCH_CONFIGURATION_SET = 0x05
Volume = 0x32
Default Tone Identifier = 0x0A

Thus, “0x60, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x04, 0x79, 0x05, 0x32, 0x0A”

Something like this:

0x79, 0x05, newVol, newTone

Can you show us what the current parameter setting is in your app in Device / Enhanced pararameters?

Guess several parameters are settable via Flow (Then).

You mean these? (sorry for norwegian language. I think it follows the phone settings). But you may probably be able to read it from context?

Not many parameters to set, only Default sound.
Probably more settings via Flow, when you want to send a command to the bell (in the Then column), what can you choose there?

Not much predefined there either if I understood your question correct. This is why I have tried to find a way with z-wave raw, but it seems Im doing it wrong.