Qubino ZMNHXD1 3-phase smart meter

I sent an email today to support@athom.com to ask if they can add support for it. Maybe if you will do the same support will be added sooner

I emailed Athom about a month ago & still no solution. Athom canā€™t reproduce the problem & Qubino canā€™t find the problem.

Athom are asking for everyone with the issue to report it.

Meanwhile is there method to examine the data communication from the meter more directly to try & find whats going on? I imagine a Z wave USB device might be required.

Leo,
Athom asked me to fill in this form for support.

in developer - tools - zwave is apossibility to log the z-wave communication, you can filter on the device-id

Iā€™ve tried that & indeed sent the output to Athom but no resultā€¦

Iā€™ve contacted the manufacturers (Qubino) & they say that they will send on a z wave dongle & application to capture from my device directly (bypassing Homey), hopefully it will uncover the issue.

Iā€™ll report more when I have newsā€¦

1 Like

Gunnar,

Can you please tell me how to install the driver on Homey? I got firmware H1S1P2 and would like to try it.

Update

Hello all,
Iā€™ve an update from my last post. Some good news & some badā€¦

Good news
The good news is that the issue appears to have been identified & can be fixed. Iā€™ve been in contact with someone from R&D in Qubino & last week we managed to capture the problem on my module. The issue appears to be with the encrypted communication on the module & it can be fixed with a over the air (OTA) firmware flash. Iā€™ve been running new firmware on my module for the last 4 days or so & so far itā€™s working fine.

Bad news
This leads me onto the bad news, to flash the module it required a USB Z wave controller to upload the new firmware file from a computer/ laptop, obviously not available to most users out there. The individual in Qubino will be passing the findings on to Athom & reports that they (Athom) are working on including an OTA feature in Homey, but no timescale or confirmation of this.

Sorry itā€™s not better news.

Regards,

Leo

3 Likes

Leo,

Good that you find a solution! I am really happy with it.

I donā€™t know if you are dutch. But maybe it is possible that if you are dutch that I visit you and that you can update my meter?

Sorry, but over in Ireland, bit of a journey for you!

I used one of these:

https://uk.pi-supply.com/products/z-wave-bridge-usb-controller-for-home-automation

Regards,

Hmm to bad! Have been in Ireland twice last year

Leo,

Can you send me the software and instructions to update the meter?

Sorry for the late reply.

I unfortunately deleted the firmware supplied to me by Qubino but I cant see that theyā€™d have much issue supplying it.

The software to run the Z wave controller im fairly sure comes with the device or is available from the manufacturer.

Leo,

Many thanks! I contacted Qubino and they are going to send me the firmware. The only question they got is do i need the Kia or Bicom?

Sorry but not sure what that means! I was in contact with one of the support personnel who simply sent me a file.

Regards,

Leo,

I tried to do the update and installed the meter but values still dont update. How can i check the current firmware?

Hello, I tried the samen with a QUBINO_SmartMeter3PhaseS2_500_EU_14122018_1406_ZMNHXD1H1S1P2_V1.otz file from Qubino support but also still get no updates from the device.
By the way, I pushed the update with a Razberry.

Erwin,
Can you send me the software and instructions to update the meter?
Regards

There is a way to do this using the z wave dongle & ā€˜joiningā€™ the meter to the USB controller. Qubino showed be able to help you with this.

Regards,

Hereā€™s the process to update the meter that I got from Qubino:

To do an OTA (over-the-air) update:

1.) Include the device on the USB Z wave controller network, if it is not included yet

2.) Go to the ā€œFirmware updateā€ section, browse to the file and press the ā€œUpdateā€ button two times.

3.) Perform a factory reset of the device by holding the service button for at least 6 seconds, the device will also send a DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY packet, indicating, that it was reset.

4.) Include the device into Homey and, hopefully, the issue shouldnā€™t appear again.

Regards.

Apologies but looks like only images can be sent on this forum.