Push Confirmation doesn't work anymore

I usually use the Timeline/Push notify but will try Simple log, I created force buttons to escape confirmations xD a bit more manual labor and less automation but will do for now. Would be nice if bugs like this could be presented someplace so people can find it easily and as soon as it is confirmed by support

As workaround, you can use the new Telegram app pre-defined (by yourself) question and answers.
As far as I know, there’s no time limits either.

Example flow:

Confirmation / select message in Telegram (just press one of the ‘buttons’):
Screenshot from 2022-12-02 00-19-41

Result:
Screenshot from 2022-12-02 00-45-57

4 Likes

Hey, just test this workaround solution and thank you it’s a good way ! I can manage the confirmation with more than 2 answers ! Just a question because I discover Telegram with this test, confirmation buttons can’t be in the Push notification ? We need to open Telegram to find confirmation buttons ? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

YW.
This doesn’t use push confirmations at all.
But what is the difference?
A: Push confirmation pops up @ your phone: press yes / no
B: Telegram question pops up @ your phone: press yes / no / some other answer

I mean, you can configure Telegram to send preview?

1 Like

Thank you Peter_Kawa, i always find your insight very helpful in every thread I come across from!

So the Telegram question buttons are presented in the notification bar as well and there is no need to open the app to chose an answer?

1 Like

YW! It’s just how you configure the Telegram mobile app notification settings.

2 Likes

I’m also having the same problem with Push confirmations. Any update on a fix?

No, no update from Support… I use Telegram (thanks @Peter_Kawa ) and it’s perfect.
I can’t get buttons in notification so I need to click/Open Telegram (maybe not possible with Android…), but it’s work.
@j_wak did you test it ? Can you have the Telegram question buttons in the notification bar ?

1 Like

This issue should be fixed now.

Telegram does not seem to have native notification (yes/no) buttons on Android and the Telegram pop-up that @Peter_Kawa showed, i could not reproduce on my Android phone, I don’t know if Telegrams pop-up would show (yes/no) buttons.

@Riera_Gauthier just a bit, my thinking is that I’d rather use the built in function, less dependencies.

So I am using Homeys push confirmation still, and using Telegram only as a form of log and notice “hey this was triggered, this happened”.

1 Like

It’s like, hit the pop-up and then you can pick an answer. Pretty straightforward imho. At this moment I don’t know how to get the answer buttons presented in the pop-up itself, the way you prefer.

2 Likes

I am still experiencing issues with notifications. as in: does not work and flows with yes/no confirmation cards do not run. Any update from support?

Im having the same problem. Push Confirmations are not working.

According to this, they had a problem in November as well with the Notifications API:

Hello all,

I had the same problems with the push notifications with answers so I am currently setting up the Telegram option.
So far so good and I am able to send notifications to my telegram bot channel.
But can I also add functions like I could in the homey push notification?

There I can use the variables to get the name of the first agenda item that is coming.

Hi,

Unfortunatly no update from support… For me this issue is still there.

@Jasper_vd I’m not sure you could use your variables because you need to edit/create your questions using the Homey Developer Tools. In a second time you can add your questions in your flows with a dropdown list.

Maybe you may ask there ==> [APP][Pro] Telegram Notifications

This is the reply I got from Homey Support:

“This issue has already been reported by other users and Development is working hard to fix this issue. There’s an issue with the Homey app on Android phones, we hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We expect a new version of the Homey app will become available in the Google Play store by the end of this week which should solve the issue.”

3 Likes

Push Confirmation is broken for me too, reliably crashes the Homey App on Android. Using a Pixel 5 running Android 13.

I also to have a remote control running Android 12, there no crash happens and the feature works perfectly fine without issues, including receiving the message and answering it.

So this is definately related to Android 13.

There is an app update available in the Play store (version 6.11.11.1036)
Push confirmations are working again! (at least for me😉)

5 Likes

Yes sir, can confirm this works again for me. Thanks!

I am having issues with receiving the push notifications. App version is 6.11.14.1061 and Android Version 13. Does anyone else?

edit: It is working again. I did not change anything. Strange…

Maybe it is rate limited due to ‘too many messages in a certain amount of time’.
You should get an error message when you test run a flow with a push notification card in it.

Maybe because of: This fixes itself after 24h or a Homey (soft)restart.

Else, is the mobile Homey app allowed to receive push messages @ mobile app notifications settings?

Else, is the push notifications enabled on the timeline flow settings