Push Confirmation doesn't work anymore

Hello,

Since this night I have an issue with every push notification with answer (AND) in my flows.
I get the following error message: Network request failed

No problem with my “standard” push notification (THEN).
Nothing appear in https://status.homey.app/

Any idea how can I solve it? Thanks :slight_smile:

Just tested, no problems at all.

As far as I know, the push notification must be answered within a certain time. Otherwise, the flow is canceled. Unfortunately, I do not know the time, sorry.

1 Like

Feedback from Support :

"This issue has already been reported by other users and Development is working hard to fix this issue. I can’t give any guarantees on when this issue will be found and resolved, but please know that it has been forwarded to our development team and it will be investigated. "

I’ll update if a new feedback come :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had exactly the same problem, and tested many different ways (spent 2 days). In the end, I found that it was just a matter of restarting the mobile app.

Test this and reply on the forum.

I just try it on my mobile app and my wife’s mobile app but the problem is still there…
It’s strange because this issue appears only when I use Push notification with answer (AND card), there’s no issue when it’s use on THEN Card with a simple push notification.

Thanks @GH14 for trying to help, hope I won’t spent more than 2 days on this ! :sweat_smile:

Ah, that’s called Push Confirmation

1 Like

As far as I know that would be 30 seconds

Ok, thanks for information, I have changed the Topic name :wink:

And any idea ? Why Push notification works and Push confirmation didn’t work ? (Tested with 2 different mobile)

Sorry to say, but I just tested and it works
Android 10 - Samsung S9
Where do you look for your results? Can you share the flow with us?
What mobile phones did you test with, which OS name (versions)?

This is the common status and issues about Athom’s servers. Your push confirmation results would not end up there.

When I use timeline notifications for example, it works fine

What mobile phones did you test with, which OS name (versions)?

Me ==> Android 13 | Pixel 4a | Homey App 6.11.10.1027 | Homey 8.1.0
My Wife ==> Android 13 | Pixel 4a | Homey App 6.11.10.1027

Where do you look for your results?

I check on Advanced Flow platform, I did same as you and :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :

Can you share the flow with us?

Yes, I use it in some flow but there is 2 of them. Since this issue appear I Use Simple log card to “escape error” :

I’m not able to understand why it’s work for Push notification and why it’s stuck with push confirmation…

Feedback from support :

Thank you for the additional information.
We have identified the bug, and are able to reproduce it.
Please note that unfortunately, I have no timeline for the fix.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

All I have to do now is be patient…

1 Like

I also have the same problem with push confirmation (not the normal push notifications!). I have a Samsung S20ultra with Android 13. If I test a push confirmation and I have the Homey app open it even crashes. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Ah OK, is seems Android 13 related?

Same here, also Android 13

Samsung Galaxy s10+, Android 12 here, Homey App 6.11.10, with the same issue, presented itself on Wednesday already (after app update that happened on Tuesday evening) and was sent to support. Push Notification works, Push Confirmation crashes the Android Homey App (if open and active) when sent and shows “Network request failed” in advance testing. Fun times when you have flows that depending on that confirmation xD

Ok so Android 12 and 13…

Yes exatly same for me, it was why I use Simple log error message to escape this, but after some tests I think Push confirmation crashes the App (or something else) even if it’s closed because I don’t receive any Push notification after this issue… Except if I reload the App. So I just “cut” every Push Confirmation in my AF for the moment. Hope this issue will be fixed as soon as possible !

1 Like

I usually use the Timeline/Push notify but will try Simple log, I created force buttons to escape confirmations xD a bit more manual labor and less automation but will do for now. Would be nice if bugs like this could be presented someplace so people can find it easily and as soon as it is confirmed by support

As workaround, you can use the new Telegram app pre-defined (by yourself) question and answers.
As far as I know, there’s no time limits either.

Example flow:

Confirmation / select message in Telegram (just press one of the ‘buttons’):
Screenshot from 2022-12-02 00-19-41

Result:
Screenshot from 2022-12-02 00-45-57

4 Likes

Hey, just test this workaround solution and thank you it’s a good way ! I can manage the confirmation with more than 2 answers ! Just a question because I discover Telegram with this test, confirmation buttons can’t be in the Push notification ? We need to open Telegram to find confirmation buttons ? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

YW.
This doesn’t use push confirmations at all.
But what is the difference?
A: Push confirmation pops up @ your phone: press yes / no
B: Telegram question pops up @ your phone: press yes / no / some other answer

I mean, you can configure Telegram to send preview?

1 Like