Probleem met Ring & Homey

Hi,

Just to be sure:
I am looking for a solution where Homey can detect when a doorbell is pressed (action/trigger) and
a camera at the frontdoor is taking a snapshot.
I think Ring V1/V2/Pro can do this (as i may believe the stories above) but is it correct that the Ring Homey app depends on a Ring account (so is the app only talking to the Ring servers, not direct with the hardware at my frontdoor ?).
In other words: i need an subscription/account at Ring to make the Ring Homeyapp work ?

Thanks
Peter

Correct, there is no ring without subscription

Subscription or account…? I believe it works without subscription tbh

1 Like

Yes you are right, sorry, subscription is not needed. I have one though, doesn’t make sense without I think

Ha, I am too late with the same question.
@Martijn_Hoogenbosch: So can i conclude that my wishes will work with a V1 or V2 with only an account (no additional subscription/plan) ?

If so;
When somebody rings at my door, the ring can deliver a snapshot to Homey;
But can i send this picture as a pushed message from homey to my mobile ?

(flow:
IF
Ring doorbell is pressed
THEN
Grab picture

second flow:
IF
picture is grabbed
THEN
(mobile)
Send (IMAGE) to (user)

Peter

Yes that should work. I’m not that happy about the speed of getting the image though… But that maybe just me. Often the person in front of the camera already left and since i’m always home (or at least most of the time during the day) i usally just watch the camera instead of the image from homey.

Thanks, you’re very helpfull.

For me the snapshot functionality is just needed for seeing who was at my frontdoor while i’m not home. I understood that a snapshot will work with a config of 2sec delay.

My configuration now is a normal electric doorbell connected to a acdb-7000b as trigger and the 7000c as chime (KaKu)
The ring V1 will replace the 7000b.
I had a separate IP-camera which took snapshots in the ‘doorbell pushed’ flow, but the lens was at a very small angle so i often could not see the faces.
A ring (or any camera doorbell) is much lower positioned and has often a ‘fisheye’ lens (or wider angle).
That’s my reason for changing my setup.

Thanks again !
Peter

Okay, good luck, got a 2 sec delay too, works fine.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch
Ok, thanks,

Last question;
V1 or V2 ?

Peter

Had no time yet to buy a Ring doorbel. But it seems i’m lucky.
It seems Homey has a new problem with Ring doorbells.

https://blog.ring.com/2020/02/18/extra-layers-of-security-and-control/

For dutch users:

Peter

Krijg mijn ring idd niet meer gekoppeld aan Homey, ontvang elke keer netjes mail met verification code. Is dit ergens te fixen?

Dank!

De app zal moeten aangepast worden voor de verplichte 2FA authenticatie die Ring nu verplicht.
Jammer genoeg heeft de dev van de app een tijdje geleden gezegd dat hij dat niet zou implementeren (omdat het toen nog niet verplicht was)…
Hopelijk wil hij er nu toch eens naar kijken aangezien de app nu helemaal niet meer bruikbaar is. :slight_smile:

alle hoop op de dev van de app !! Nu geen knipperende lampen en geen SONOS meldingen :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here, ik heb momenteel helemaal geen werkende deurbel meer, enkel melding op telefoon :frowning:

Goed nieuws, heb mn Ring weer aan de praat. Wat ik gedaan heb:

1. Schakel de app uit voor 24 uur, de app heeft geprobeerd je Ring elke minuut in te loggen waardoor waarschijnlijk je Ring account voor 24 uur is geblockt.

2. Als je weer kunt inloggen na deze block log in op de website van Ring. Je word eenmalig gevraagd een 2fa code via de mail in te vullen. Ik heb daarna ook mijn wachtwoord aangepast, niet zeker of dit nodig is.

3. Schakel de app weer in. Ik heb de bestaande autorisatie verwijderd en weer opnieuw ingelogd met mijn nieuwe wachtwoord. En alles werkt weer

4. Ring your doorbell and be happy :slight_smile:

Bewijs, deze foto was vanavond genomen:

2 Likes

That sounds great. Will try it… have disabled my app this afternoon because i received lots of mails. Didn’t know it at first but they have been ending up in my spam folder. Will try this tomorrow.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch don’t forget step 4, very important :sweat_smile:

1 Like

En nu weer terug naar Nederlands :wink:

2 Likes

Goed punt, aangepast :slight_smile:

haha, ja, zal ik doen! En anders is het ook niet heel erg hoor. De Ring app en de chime werken los van Homey gewoon prima. Los van dat ik een foto krijg op mobiel doe ik er verder niets mee. Geen lampen of iets aan…