[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

Meanwhile this is making progress

That looks promising (short version of Queen by the way :grin:)

@diapolon In the meantime, as a SmartDash “expert”, I have listed a number of new suggestions:

• Increase the usability of the app:
  • Reduce the size of the grid so that the screen can be adjusted more precisely
  • Reduce the space between the toolbar on top and the top row of widgets
  • Simplify creating a screen layout; Arranging the widgets in the desired order is one of the most difficult parts of the app. You cannot now clearly see what you are setting. Possible solutions: drag and drop or preview layout when defining a widget
  • The names of the new widgets are “almost” in alphabetical order. Remove the Generic prefix; I look for Light at the L, now it is at the G.
  • Show the icons based on the name in a preview picklist, for example entering at least 3 letters, to limit the amount of icons (save icons in the app, or via an API with mdi?). I have a json file with all the svg commands for the icons. If it is not possible to include the icon in the app: create a hyperlink to the website with all icon names.
  • Allow multiple variables to be included in one widget, so similar data is in one list, taking up less space.

Please comment on each of the above points. So far, a lot of the focus has been on new functionality, but I think ease of use has been somewhat forgotten. If you think it is a good and feasible idea, please register it on Github.

If you have any doubts about what I think of the app: I am still impressed by the functionality in such a compact app, but there is always room for improvement.

One last question: how can I reduce the distance between the separator text (= title) and the line below the text? I have already tried various CSS commands, but no success yet.

I think this is not for everyone a good idea; I made part of the dashboard so that my children can control some of the lights who are on a smart plug. Chances are they will by accident use longpress. Also going to settings of the widget is not something you do every day (at least I do not) So maybe a bit more steps I think is not wrong.

Hi,
perhaps a very stupid question: how do you copy the Api-Key to the NS-Panel?
Do I need to install Homey App on the device? The key is way to long to enter it manually…

you can send a txt file (with the key) by bluetooth and use copy & paste.

I read as soon as I can👍

Thank you, that worked fine! Never had an Android device…

In the Info section I get an error-message “failed to connect to homeysmartdash.com” and the app version is undefined?

Maybe a connection problem?

v 0.240515.1

My first reactions on improved Speaker widget:

The artist and track is hardcoded on Bohemian Rapsody and Queen concatenated with the data playing.

A lot of screen space is needed to see more details. At lease a height of 4 is needed for details. The volume slider length seems to be tiny. Please create more screen efficiency.

Missing:

• define an new variable in GenericSpeaker called “max volume”. This should block the volume slider when trying to set a higher volume. Alternative: define a percentage of the max value. A user can use the entire slide bar, but the real volume will be multiplied by the percentage.
  • make a handle on time playing bar (like volume handle), then you can skip or replay a part clicking on this handle.
  • Previous and next buttons
  • the one second timer did not make it to show the real playing time even this is normally updated each 3 minutes :upside_down_face:

I’m releasing a fix for the placeholder Queen :sweat_smile:
Previous and next they had to be there :smirk:

probably also part of your placeholder; but I see the time playing bar (I do not think that will be possible with Google speakers (??)).

Tha max-volume is I think almost a must-have. Buttons might be a bit bigger.

Yes…
remove in new update

this is variable.
what is your device aspect ratio?

it’s not easy, every widgets has 9x8=72 combinations for potrait and 12x8=96 combinations for landscape and the devices aspect ratio are many.
For speaker i have realized 4 different layout which are loaded according to size choosed.
To fill better i also have added ability to change font-size in every widgets, have you tried to change fonts-size?

Some versions ago i limited the choice of size of the more complex widgets but some users wanted the possibility of selecting them all and managing the contents via CSS

16:10

Can you share which layout is for which sizes?

I have changed the font size to a smaller one. This does not change the screen efficiency. When I make the widget smaller, some parts like time slider are gone. I think alle components could be visible in a 4x2 widget.
Whatever I try: no previous or next buttons.
Which CSS settings can you advice, for which widget size?

Maybe it is a idea to fucus first on one of the layouts (for the biggest widgets)?

Some things I noticed (and not yet mentioned by Amersfoort):

• when device is not playing it still shows the last song (device capabilitie says it is not playing)
  • coming out of screensaver; widget does not refresh immediately, so still visible the song before.