Presence with samsung phone

Im trying to set up the presence setup for our phone. On my phone a sony xperia it works fine. However my wifes phone a samsung note it works. But when she hasn’t used the app for some time it stops working again. Im sure there is some setting that can fix this but I can’t figure out which.

Anyone got any helpfull tips?

Exclude the app from any powersaving options, and allow the app to use location services ‘always’, so do not use the ‘only when app is used’ permission.
20230722_031708

I set battery to “unrestricted” for homey as well as setting location permission to “Allow all the time”.
Yet it refuses to work, except when the app has been opened recently.

Energy saving level is not too strict?

I am facing the same problem with my girlfriends Samsung. We both use Samsung S22:s and as far as I can see we have the exact same settings on both phones. For me it works but not for her. I guess she is not using the app as I am but still, it should not go to sleep or whatever?

Most of the time no battery conservation is active as far as I know

I found that homey was set to go to light sleep or something. I removed it from that setting yesterday. We will see in the comming days if it works.

Where did you find that setting?

I think its under battery settings. There are a list of apps that go to light sleep. There is also a list of apps that should never sleep, but I could not add homey to it. It seems however, taking homey of the light sleep list helps. I will report back in a few days to make sure this isn’t just a fluke.

See here:

Yes this is where I was talking about.

• Never sleeping apps: You can add apps that will never turn off or sleep in the background so >you’ll always be able to use them. You can add apps to the list by tapping the + sign, selecting your desired app(s), and then tapping Add. To remove apps, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Remove apps. Select the app(s) you want to delete, and then tap Remove.

This is where I expected to add Homey to make sure it doesn’t ever sleep. But I couldn’t find it there. I’ll have another look when eventually get back home.

Maybe this post from Samsung forum might help

Ok, I think I can conclude that it finaly works. The trick is to add it to the never sleeping apps in battery settings as per @Robin_van_Kekem post. However, as in my previous post that was difficult. In the settings for the app I had to remove it from unrestricted. Then go to the never sleeping apps in the battery meny to add it to the list of the neversleeping apps.

It seems that it is not possible to add it to never sleeping apps when it is allready unrestricted.

I give up. Turns out it didnt work after all. Samsung is just very difficult. I installed the smart presence app in homey. Hopefully that works better.