Presence detection recommendation

with EMUI?

my phone runs on EMUI 8.0.0

That’s why your phone is working and mine is not. You don’t have power genie installed in your system (yet). I said yet as I saw that there is an update coming to your phone (9.0)

A oké did’t no that… sound not good to my… There is no possibility to disable that function?

I guess you did not read my previous reply

well just downloaded the Macrodroid app. Seems as i am on EMUI 9+ that i have installed PowerGenie on my huawei p20 pro wich you cannot customise. So you have to uninstall this system app. For this you need to install a android debug bridge on your pc. i have to do this on 2 phones the other one you can change the settings. So i think you will understand i aint gonna mess with my android 9.1 system. So again not a working option

Owntracks has been working 100% of the time here so far. Did you try that?

Yep, doesn’t work also

All of these option work. However not flawless. Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. If it’s not 100 % it does’t work

Then best stop looking!

1 Like

I have to say that owntracks works 100% for me (I am also heavily depending on proper working of geofencing). Never had a single miss with owntracks and MQTT.

Thanks for your nice reply (as always).
Indeed it stopped looking as long as I have a huawei phone

I am not here for being nice, thnx.

1 Like

This I have seen for many times now. The most of us are.

So, u are here for being nice or looking for a decent presense detection tool for Homey?
When u are looking for a domotica controller that works 100% for everyone and for every cause then plz stop looking. When u DO find one, plz don’t tell anyone and get some worldwide patent on it.

The problem with you is that you don’t want to hear anything negative. If someone is saying anything negative you start saying the things as you do now. I am not saying that homey is bad. I am just sime telling that huawei in combination with homey is bad.

If u knew what my problem was then u would be my shrink.

Don,'t think it’s 1

U are getting off topic! Good thing there are less evil moderators nowadays!

For the last part I agree

Cheers!

Agreeing with you on the moderator thing. I find homey forum almost hostile sometimes … especially when CUSTOMERS are having critical notes.

On topic … in this case the former moderator is correct. There is no 100% solution ( anywhere ). Had misses with other brands also ( homewizard for example ).

Geofence is almost always working when you have good gps reception. But when my wife has the phone in her purse … below the passenger seat in the car … it simply ends. There is nothing you can change about it. If u have a phone with bad gps … its not homey …

For me on iphone x ifttt is working in 99% of the caseS for me … but yes misses to ( the wife example mostly :slight_smile: ) . The misses are frustrating but it is what it is.

1 Like