Philips Hue Dimmer Switch - Zigbee

Hi,

I just bought a set of philips Hue White E27 bulbs and the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch. I connected them directly using the Philips Hue zigbee app (without bridge). So far everything works like a charm.

Now I try to figure out how to use the dimming options from the switch in a flow. I can select “Dim-up hold” But what do I put in the “than” column to make the light go brighter as long as I hold the button?

I don’t own a Hue dimmer, but the dimmer that I am using has a tag that I can use on my dim-level on my lamp:
dimmer

In my case I use it to feed a math.js function:
dimwaarde

You can literally drag-and-drop it to the target field. (it may not respond very quickly but it does work)

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I found the solution. I made a flow using the card “Dim Hold Up”. In the than column I added the philips hue light “relative brightness”. In this case I used +21%. So it will get brighter in steps of 21%. I added a similar flow to lower the brightness.

With the percentage you can adjust the speed (step-size) of the dimming. In the screenshot I use 2 bulbs, as there are 2 bulbs in the same room. I control them with a single remote.

Total I have 4 flows for this remote:
-On button --> turn on
-Off button --> turn off
-DIm-up button --> Dim-up using relative brightness
-Dim-down button --> Din-down using relative brightness.

Like this all buttons are working as they are supposed to :slight_smile:

Good to hear (or read is more accurate :wink: )
It does feel a bit ‘strange’ to me. You would expect that with the ‘hold’ it would dim or brighten continuously up to the point where you release it :slight_smile:

So for that to work in the Homey landscape, I guess you would have to create a loop that continuously raises or lowers by 1% (or more or less depending if you want it faster or slower) and that the loop breaks when you release the button.

These kind of setups really show the limitation of Homey (In that it can only handle ‘if this then that’ statements)

I think if you would change the 21% variable to 1% it will be kinda smooth (not tried yet). But for me steps of 21% are fine as the lights are in my bathroom and 95% of the time I keep them on the same brightness setting (+/-60%). But now at least I can turn the brightness up when cleaning the bathroom for example

Trying to get the dimmer working directly to homey in 2.0. Device added without a problem but not reacting when trying to activate flows with it.

Anybody with the same issues?

Almost. My Dimmer Switches was working on the beginning. After a reboot they dont work anymore.

hello ,
I would soon have the Philips Hue dimmer switch.
Could you share Flow with us? thus each person concerned could benefit and why improve individually.
cordially
thanks

1 Like

I having the same issue, can add the remote to Homey without any problem. Also added the flows for turn on and off ligths with the buttons. But no response from Homey when I press the button.

Someone any toughts or solutions for this?

The only solution what works for me is to use the Hue Bridge.
Neither the motion detector nor the dimmer switch do not work for me with the Philips Hue Zigbee app.

Thanks @Osorkon,

will have to buy one now!

For me everything works fine with the Hue Zigbee app. I do not have a bridge, that’s for me one of the reasons to have homey, not needing a bridge from every brand.

Maybe something is wrong in your flows for the dimmer switch?

Motion detector I do not know, as I don’t have one, I use them from Xiaomi

Hi,
which Homey firmware and which HUE dimmer firmware version do you use?

Homey uses the latest (non experimental) firmware. Same for the Zigbee app.
I’ve never updated the Hue dimmer firmware (is that even possible). They are +/-1.5 years old.

@MadMax I’m on 3.2.0 at Homey. And the wireless dimmer is two days old, ordered two of them. But got the same problem with the other one to.

If anyone is in need of a Philips hub, I have a version 1 available (The Netherlands).

Ah thanks @Eternity but I ordered a new one this morning!

Then we have to wait for the Athom Zigbee Rewrite or use the Hue Bridge