Overtake light sensor flow with a button push

I have now added the flows as you descriped. And I will test them later. As I see, it needs to be 4 flows linked about same Timer.
Its the first time with crono app, Am I right

in, that I just need to Call the timer the same name en every flow, to “choose” it. I can not pick the timer from er list! In this case I Call it Timer1

In addition, the 4th flow need to be:
“When off Button is pushed”
“Then start Or resume Timer1”

And not the “on” button as you mentioned.

Regarding til Hue sensor, is seems to
Be very restricted.
Maybe a zwave sensor is required to make this work.

Yes, that’s right. You can choose a Name by yourself, and you use this Name in every chronograph card for these flows.

That’s absolutely your decision if you use the On, Off, Dim+, Dim- button. Every button should work.

You still didn’t say if the Philips Hue devices are connected directly to Homey, or connected to Homey via the Hue Bridge.
As I said above, it is easier if the Hue devices are connected directly to Homey. Based on this assumption, the flows are built as well.

If the Hue dimmer switch is connected via the Hue Bridge and a Hue lamp, then pressing the On button will of course directly trigger a Hue scene. In parallel, however, the 1st flow in the Homey is also triggered. So there may be simultaneous actions, which should generally be avoided.

Its actually seems to be working. The cronograph tool seing actuels live timers helped me. Tanks alot

Next issue, which isnt that important:
When turning light off from the off botton, the auto flow wont reactivate the “flow” light imidiatly. It takes some time dancing in front of the motion sensor.
Normally when turning the light off pushing the button means Leaving the room, but logical it should turn on again related to the flow critirias when movement is registret.
Any ideas?

And what do you want if you push the Off button?
Light on?
Light off?
Or what?

Maybe you can imagine why I used the On button to go on with the flows now?

Yes I figured it out. Thank you for great support

It would be nice if you could tell us how you solved the problem.
After all, other users should also be able to benefit from it.

Solution

When
— Motion-Alarm is activated
Then…
— Turn Light on
— Start Timer

When…
— Timer has ended
Then…
— Turn Light off

When…
— Button On is pressed
And…
— Timer runs
Then…
— Pause Timer

When…
— Button Off is pressed
Then…
— Start or continue timer

This will be ur personal solution.

This will make the timer run for as long ur in the room activating the alarm. My personal opinion is that i better start a timer when motion is turning off. That way my timer only runs for a couple of seconds instead of the whole time ur in the room.

My personal opinion on this is that this action will cause the timer to run again when motion is activated.

My personal opinion on this is that i would rather use a delay in starting that timer again.

Disclaimer:
Where i say that this is my personal opinion i mean that everybody knows a better way and loves to show that.
When i say i use the timer app, someone else says that the chronograph app is better.
When i say i use 5 flows to accomplish something, someone else says it can be done with less flows.

2 Likes

You are right. As I did it, the flow restart at motion at “in this case” dimmers the light over again (restarting the timer).
Will you suggesting be:
When On is activated
Then start flow “1” with delay? Which I think isnt that great, because you never know for how long until next activation is needed.
Isnt possible to deactivate flow And then reactivate it at Off button instead?

Ofc it is. WHEN button “On” is pushed THEN disable flows that runs ur light.
WHEN button “Off” is pushed THEN enable the flows again with a delay of a few seconds so u can get out of the room.

Ill test again.
Any other solution meanwhile testing

Countdown timer works well for me for this very purpose

With regard to the stop timer: Many samples are to be found on the forum, like [Simple] Lights turning on/off based on motion or [Tutorial] Simple movement-triggered automatic light with zone activity cards (just 2 flows!)

Your flows might work most of the time, depending on how sensitive your motion sensor is (how fast it stops detecting motion) and how long the delay is.

But it’s also simple common sense: The timer is to give you time to start moving again when you stopped doing so. It ‘s how long you sit still that is relevant, not how long since you started moving.

2 Likes

Tested it with flow deaktivation and it seems to work. I will give some days testing.
Thank you

I’m not completely convinced yet, but I’ll give it a try. :wink:

You are right. Your explanation about the timer makes sense. The deaktivation function in this case is necassary to overrule the sensor. Its the main feature to reach my goal.
Thanks Edwin

I use 2 methods.

1 in the kitchen is when motion detected go to 95%
Except when it is at 100%
When there is no motion depending on time go to 35% or off only when light is lower then 98%
So when I activate the kitchen light to 100% every flow is ignored.

For the bedroom I made a custom condition called overrule. The flow for the bedroom light check that condition and accept or ignore

Maybe use the “turn sensor off” flowcard in the flow where you activate the lights with a button push?
As you said that all the other flows where activated by the sensor…
I use this for my garden.
If I turn the gardenlights on with the switch, it turns of the sensor…

Or with the “switch flow off” flowcard?

If:
I push a button
Then:
turn sensor off
Switch flow 1 off
Switch flow 2 off
Etc
Etc