Overtake light sensor flow with a button push

I have a room, where I like to have serveral diffenrent light flows, triggerede bye hue light sensor. Turn on light when room is activatede in specicific time gab, and turn off again with delay.
Put I also like to be able to take Control manuelly bye turning the light on with out the flows turns it off, even when there is no activity, etc from a hue dimmer switch.
Tried many options but cannot but cant get it working probably…
It’s all phillips hue products
Help appciated - tx

Didn’t tried it by myself. I think it depends also a bit which devices are used (in this case Philips Hue) and if the devices are connected directly to Homey or via Hue Bridge. I guess it’s better/easier if the devices connected directly to Homey because of the switch on/off behavior of the lamps. But it’s just a guess.
For the timer, I can recommend the app Chronograph.

When…
— Motion-Alarm is activated
Then…
— Turn Light on
— Start Timer

When…
— Timer has ended
And…
— Motion-Alarm is not activated
Then…
— Turn Light off
Else…
— Start Timer

When…
— Button On is pressed
And…
— Timer runs
Then…
— Pause Timer

When…
— Button On is pressed
And…
— Light is on
Then…
— Start or continue timer

1 Like

Add an action to disable the flow which handles the automation and turn it back on after a set time or something else.

1 Like

Did try that, but problem is, when I push the dedicated action but (which also deaktivates the auto flow) the Autoflow has already began due the motion in the room, and then the Homey will finish the auto sensor flow anyway (and turn the light off)

Right, so you need something which magically knows it it needs to execute :joy::joy::joy: but seriously don’t know how, maybe add a timer flow to execute the automation, and disable the automation?

Downside, there will be a delay to execute the automation.

Its tricky.
You and another user recommend the Timer function: I cant really find this option. Is it because Hue app in homey dosent supports it? Or am I just to new in this game🤣

By using this Chronograph app you have many different timer options. But most importantly for your use case, you can also cancel running timers. That way the timer that will turn the light off can be stopped.

Also, you mention movement sensors: Be sure to start the timer for lights out when movement stops, not when it starts. Because if you keep moving, and nothing happens in between, the lights will go out anyway. That is because continued movement doesn’t always trigger a flow again.

Also, to help you debugging, the settings page of the chronograph app shows you which timers are running. Seeing what happens helped me figure out problems at numerous occasions.

Could you please post some example flows?
If I understand you correctly, then my Flows posted above (the first two Flows) would not work. And that is not true. I use them since several month without any problems.

One point you might have to consider is how long it takes for the motion sensor to reset the motion detection (cancellation delay) and how long the duration of the timer is.
I don’t have Hue motion sensors in use, so I can’t say if you can make these settings on those devices. With Z-Wave devices there are these setting options.

I have now added the flows as you descriped. And I will test them later. As I see, it needs to be 4 flows linked about same Timer.
Its the first time with crono app, Am I right

in, that I just need to Call the timer the same name en every flow, to “choose” it. I can not pick the timer from er list! In this case I Call it Timer1

In addition, the 4th flow need to be:
“When off Button is pushed”
“Then start Or resume Timer1”

And not the “on” button as you mentioned.

Regarding til Hue sensor, is seems to
Be very restricted.
Maybe a zwave sensor is required to make this work.

Yes, that’s right. You can choose a Name by yourself, and you use this Name in every chronograph card for these flows.

That’s absolutely your decision if you use the On, Off, Dim+, Dim- button. Every button should work.

You still didn’t say if the Philips Hue devices are connected directly to Homey, or connected to Homey via the Hue Bridge.
As I said above, it is easier if the Hue devices are connected directly to Homey. Based on this assumption, the flows are built as well.

If the Hue dimmer switch is connected via the Hue Bridge and a Hue lamp, then pressing the On button will of course directly trigger a Hue scene. In parallel, however, the 1st flow in the Homey is also triggered. So there may be simultaneous actions, which should generally be avoided.

Its actually seems to be working. The cronograph tool seing actuels live timers helped me. Tanks alot

Next issue, which isnt that important:
When turning light off from the off botton, the auto flow wont reactivate the “flow” light imidiatly. It takes some time dancing in front of the motion sensor.
Normally when turning the light off pushing the button means Leaving the room, but logical it should turn on again related to the flow critirias when movement is registret.
Any ideas?

And what do you want if you push the Off button?
Light on?
Light off?
Or what?

Maybe you can imagine why I used the On button to go on with the flows now?

Yes I figured it out. Thank you for great support

It would be nice if you could tell us how you solved the problem.
After all, other users should also be able to benefit from it.

Solution

When
— Motion-Alarm is activated
Then…
— Turn Light on
— Start Timer

When…
— Timer has ended
Then…
— Turn Light off

When…
— Button On is pressed
And…
— Timer runs
Then…
— Pause Timer

When…
— Button Off is pressed
Then…
— Start or continue timer

This will be ur personal solution.

This will make the timer run for as long ur in the room activating the alarm. My personal opinion is that i better start a timer when motion is turning off. That way my timer only runs for a couple of seconds instead of the whole time ur in the room.

My personal opinion on this is that this action will cause the timer to run again when motion is activated.

My personal opinion on this is that i would rather use a delay in starting that timer again.

Disclaimer:
Where i say that this is my personal opinion i mean that everybody knows a better way and loves to show that.
When i say i use the timer app, someone else says that the chronograph app is better.
When i say i use 5 flows to accomplish something, someone else says it can be done with less flows.

2 Likes

You are right. As I did it, the flow restart at motion at “in this case” dimmers the light over again (restarting the timer).
Will you suggesting be:
When On is activated
Then start flow “1” with delay? Which I think isnt that great, because you never know for how long until next activation is needed.
Isnt possible to deactivate flow And then reactivate it at Off button instead?

Ofc it is. WHEN button “On” is pushed THEN disable flows that runs ur light.
WHEN button “Off” is pushed THEN enable the flows again with a delay of a few seconds so u can get out of the room.