Official IKEA Trådfri vs IKEA Trådfri Gatway App

Done a few times sadly. Might be worth another one tho

Tried again since I’d deleted the devices but nothing still :frowning:

EDIT. Given up… wanted to rule out the IKEA devices and just managed to reconnect them back to the gateway again… Will leave it like that

Seems to be broken as per gateway update version 1.15.34 (30th june 2021]

1 Like

New app version v0.1.5 is published and it seems that the bug is fixed (-> Thread).

2 Likes

Yes confirmed it is fixed v0.1.5

So, at v 1.8.4 and 7.1.1-rc 1 and still they wont work after 7.1v homey came. Any solutions?? Just ditch the homey ???

In my previous Homey setup I ran into trouble because of too many connected zigbee (tradri gu10 spotlight) devices. Homey adviced me to remove these from the Homey network and connect trought the ikea gateway.
I have not fully setup this since its a nuisance to manualy remove, pair and reinstall all my spotlights.

Question: if I install the UN-official gateway app, will this prevent me from running into my previous problems of too many connected zigbee devices?

The IKEA gateway has more capacity, either 50 or 100 light bulbs (internet sources are unclear). However, the IKEA gateway app for Homey doesn’t support other types of devices, like remotes or sensors.

I actually have decided to use a mix of both.
Some TRÅDFRI devices i connect via the gateway some directly to homey.
It strengthens the homey zigbee network in my house, as the TRÅDFRI devices also work as a router and at the same time i’m not completely in the dark if for whatever reason homey crashes.

1 Like

so far, I only have one IKEA socket and one wallswitch - together coupled to an IKEA TRÅDFRI (is it “hub” or “gateway” ? ) . using this one socket through Homey is very inreliable. When I go to ;
apps → configure → (change nothing) → save

it will work for 2 or 3 times and then well, every sometimes only.

the ikea is attached to my router with a fixed cable - if only the atom gods were that QOS aware… but still I do not think the (wifi)ethernet connection in between them is the issue.

what could be?

then; I understand that inputs are not communicated by IKEA, but outputs are.

the weird thing of the process with IKEA is that you need to “learn” a button to a socket/light and then “learn” the button to the gateway. So the button tells the gateway that there is another device. this is all so weird to me. yet I can connect the socket/light directly to homey too?
(wich I probably will not do, as I’m only running into the max 20 devices much sooner then) .

Hi,

currently already the Fyrtur inside and works perfectly.
However looking into this model TREDANSEN Verduisterend plisségordijn, koordloos/op batterijen wit, 140x195 cm - IKEA België
Seeing that it’s currently not possible adding this one but possibly it will work as well ? Any experience with this from someone ?
Or alternatively, will this one be added as standalone device in the near future ?

Thanks already !

I have recently bought “Tredansen” but homey do not recognize it. Hopefully they will add it soon!

If you want support for the app without the hub, better request it @ Athom, the developer:
https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for your reply ! Hope they add it soon for you, I sticked with the Fyrdur to be on the safe side.

Me too :frowning:

I tried it today, it does not work (yet).

The new blinds should be supported with the test version.

I have them added via the Ikea Hub, works perfectly.

Love this app, works much better than Atom’s as it uses the hub from IKEA. No longer am I adding the blinds every week thank you.

Feature request would be to automatically find the hub on the local network, as I didn’t force its IP to be fixed on my DHCP server. Ikea’s own app can find it through broadcast I assume, so perhaps mimick this?

Have now fixed its IP so works again. Shame on IKEA to use such a complex password even IOS can’t reliably read it from our photos.

Any ETA for support for the IKEA PILSKOTT floor lamp?

It works as a default device, but it would be nice to have the right icon and all.