IKEA Trådfri Gateway Update with new devices?

Hello,

Does someone knows if there are updates planned for the IKEA Trådfri Gateway ?
It would be nice if my two AirPurifiers “STARKVIND” could be connected to Homey.

Paul.

You can pair that directly to Homey with this app IKEA Trådfri App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

OK thanks.

I am still on Ver. 1.19.1.
Will wait for the Update.

Just read:

Ikea overhauls its smart home with new Matter-ready hub and app  - The Verge

The new hub (Dirigera) will be released around October, there will also be a new app released alongside it.

The new app will only work with the new hub, the old app will continue to work with the old gateway. So in case you want to use the new app, you have to upgrade to the new hub.

The hub will support Zigbee, Thread (yay!), Ethernet, WiFi (yay!).

The hub will be compatible with Matter, so it will work with all Matter-compatible devices, even if they weren’t manufactured by Ikea.

All existing devices will also work with the new hub.
The old hub and app will receive no new Matter (or other) features, but will continue to receive security and bug fixes for at least three years.
There will be no upgrade deals, and the new Dirigera hub will be slightly more expensive than the existing TRÅDFRI gateway.

Good news for new users and bad news for the old one’s.

1 Like

Hi,
Does anyone know when the new Ikea switch/dimmer Rodret will be supported in the Ikea app from Homey.
This device has the advantage of running on a single AAA battery instead of a button cell, giving far more live span…
Bought two of those but they can’t be added to Honey using other switches, only appear as unknown Zigbee device.

In case of Ikea app from Homey: write to Athom (the app maker) support: Support | Homey

Has anyone got the Starkvind to connect?
I only get a spinning symbol when i am trying to connect it.

Running Homey Pro 2016-2019 v 10.0.8

Hi,
With the Ikea Gateway ?
Or the app without?

I get the question, Paul, but err, Marcus posted in the IKEA Trådfri Gateway Update with new devices? topic? :crazy_face: :wink:

@Marcus_Holmqvist
Starkvind is supported by the Ikea without hub app.
You can give it a go:

https://homey.app/a/com.ikea.tradfri/

:see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:
Sorry