NUE Zigbee switches

Hi - I’m a newbie to the home automation scene - We are currently building a new house, so are looking at integrating smart switches from the get-go. I have found the following NUE zigbee switches that look promising, but am not sure it will work with Homey, which is currently my preferred controller.

Before we invest in any tech I want to make sure it will all work…does anyone have any experience with these switches? They apparently work with the Phillips Hue bridge, but don’t really want to have to buy a bridge just to control it through Homey. The only other app that mentions NUE is Feibit, but that only supports the plug.

Thanks

My app should be able to support the nue switch, I’m on holidays but send me a message and I’ll check it out.

Thanks Jamie, that would be great! We are also looking at the 2 and 3 gang switches, as well as the dimmers.
Cheers

I will only add support if they are also rebranded febit devices, but I imagine that the (single) switches could even be added as a generic device. Dual switches and dimmers are a horse of a different colour though. I would be happy to help out, but as I dont own any of the devices I cant actually do it by myself.

Please make sure you do your diligence and ensure that these devices are certified for use in Australia, when I looked at them (on whirlpool) it was ambiguous as to whether or not they are certified (some were, some were not, some were expired). If a device which is not certified causes a fire it will void your home insurance.

Personally myself and other Australians tend to use either fibaro/aeotec behind the Clipsal Saturn range, but it does tend to get pricey.

Thanks Jamie, yes - I’ve been reading the stuff on whirlpool too which was a bit concerning, so I called and had a conversation with the guy at Lectory and he has provided the following in terms of certification.

They’re not in the SAA register, but the above certificate is available on the Global Mark register using 104555 as the client id. Is the Global Mark register legally the same as SAA, or is it a dodgy method to get approval in Aus?

Our other option is the aeotec solution, but if we went this way we’d probably only do a few switches due to the price.

Sorry I don’t know the difference between SAA and a Global Mark.

Hi Jamie, I am also wanting the Nue (Feibit) support. I can confirm that these switches are also sold within Australia from https://3asmarthome.com/ and also have the correct certification (link below).

FYI - SAA and Global-Mark are both accredited bodies under JAS-ANZ etc.

https://public.global-mark.com.au:8443/certificate.nsf/1/8E61DE9CE57DFD38CA2584120055E809/$file/Attachment.pdf

How did you go with your research?
I’m in the process of building a new home as well. I pretty much have my heart set on Clipsal Saturn + Fibaro relay through out the whole house(included in the building contract) until I found out about Homey, which allows me to add more devices other than Z-wave.

If this works reliably, I can potentially save thousands of $ on switches alone.

It will be incredibility difficult for me to add support for the dual NUE switches. First adding it with out access to the device is like playing a game of cricket blindfolded. Added to that, my houses is fitted out with the Saturn Zen range, so even if I was inclined to buy one of these switches and pay for it to be installed … I cant.

As I mentioned previously, the is a really good chance the single switches can be added as generic devices.

I think I’ll stick with the original Saturn Zen+ Fibaro plan as both are reputable brand and I do not perceive any latency during my test with the setup.

Just be aware that the momentarily/bell and standard saturn switches ‘feel’ very very different. If thats the type of consistency that will bother you its something to consider.

My friend’s house was fitted out with Saturn Zen, sometimes the switch can get stuck if that particular panel was screwed-in too much, is that what you mean?

I though that can be a problem, along with the clips breaking on the back of the plates.

The entire Saturn range come with a “push button” when you press it, it “clicks”. However to be able to hold the button for dimming you change that out for bell press button. (About $15)

Just something I wasn’t aware of is the two different buttons feel different and push in slightly different amounts. Given we hardly ever use the push to dim and instead use Alexa to change dim amounts. I prob wouldn’t do it again.

Got a few Nue HGZB-01 connected via a Philips Hue Hub. I am able to turn the lights on/off using Homey Pro.

Hi,
My new Feibit application handle 1,2,3 gang switches too. May be the Nue switches are work good too with the new app.