Notification when apps can be updated

Hi,

Please forward me if this issue already exists.

I have turned off the automatic update option for each app because I experienced problems with some of the apps. This led to problems that I could not foresee, so I choose to update an app when I can check that it is working properly.

The only problem is that I have to go into each app now and then to check if there is an update available.

Is it possible to obtain information either through a flow / script or through the app developer that an update of the current app is available (automatically)?

Maybe try this script [Homey Pro] overview script

Thank you!

This saved me some time, it says I have 5 updateable apps.
But I still have to go through every app, it doesn’t say which app to update :open_mouth:

I have 1 Unknown Z-wave device, is this causing problems in the network?

Just enable the setting/option at the top of the script that says “showUpdateableApps”.

1 Like

Thank you very much, that worked! :slight_smile:

And no, unkown nodes don’t impact performance and you mesh at all.

Ok, that’s good to know.

@Caseda
Do you know why this is happening and how to solve it?

All of these “?” appears and I don’t know why. I have re-added two temperature & humidity sensors which stop sending me values after a short period of time.

First is Homey, second and third you can see a “?” in the route.

Further down, number 12 and 13 only have this “?”.

Homey’s way of showing the zigbee routing is always a bit of a mystery, probably the reason why they didn’t reimplemented it yet for the new Homey Pro (early 2023)

Aha, so this is a bad system.
Do you know how this looks like in the Homey 2023 version?

There is a really nice app in the Homey Community App Store available, which does nothing else but inform you when there are updates for apps available, including test versions. The app is called App Checker Version.
BUT, the problem is, that the HCS is actually down. But it will be online again :soon:. Please follow this thread for more information.

If you know how to install an app via CLI, then you can install the app right now.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, will test this out! :slight_smile: