Node Red: A widget based dashboard working with Homey trough MQTT

So easy… thank you, shame on me :see_no_evil: :relaxed:

1 Like

To be honest I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish with this code. Looks like you are trying to send a message with an random rounded number. There’s no conversion calculation whatsoever. Where do you get the data from, what kind of data is it, and to what does it need to converted to?

What I am trying to do, is to get the data from my windmeter more often than it does now. So instead of a mqtt in node and a a output every 5 minutes I want to use a inject node with a function node and a template node to see the data every minute.
The function node has the above variable and the template node has another.

i still have problems with this. i cant get to change my button collor and activate the flow on my homey.

Can you please share your node red code so i can see what goes wrong here.

Hi Jan_Willwm, in case you did not yet find out:
In de node-red editor, click on the hamburger-button in the top right corner and select import.

1 Like

Sorry, When I scroll back this is already answered. As us Dutch say ‘mosterd na de maaltijd’.

1 Like

Hi All,

i have setup Node Red last year but since i was still remoddeling our house this project could not be finalized yet. I would like to mount a tablet next to two double wall sockets, one socket to be powering the tablet. There is no option to flush-mount it into the wall unfortunately. Does anyone have experience with wall mounts, and any advise on this?
Reason for second wall socket is because it’s located central in the living room and we primarily use it for the vacuum.

There are wall mounts with arm, and mounts for direct clamping to the wall. Tablet to be mounted will currently be an IPAD mini, but likely change to android later. Therefore, the wall mount should be ‘‘flexible’’.

any input before i’l start buying is much appreciated!

I bought a Vögel TMS 1010, because the tablet can be removed from the mount:

link

Have not ordered it yet, but I will most likely go for this one:

König KNM-FTM10 Tablet-Wandhalterung mit fester Position bis 30,5 cm (12 Zoll) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00TUEQL2I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4wdcFb5STMKSM

I use the TMS 1010, its flexible. has not an 10" android and had a 7" android beforre.

One point, remove the magnet from the mount, some tablets notice the magnet and then think they are in desktop mode and then teh screen reacts different. Had this problem with the 7" tablet.

And replace one outlet with a version which has also USB with an usb cable which has a 90degree connector, or buy an sCharge Charger with an blind plate over it.

This is already a much more economical solution than the Vögel version.
@Eternity Since both the vögel as this KÖnig bracket use a clamp-in system, i suppose both allow for easy removal of the tablet right? only with the Vögel one, you can can either take it from the clamps, or take the complete unit (that’s attached to the arm) from the wall. is there any benefit in having an arm? i suppose you won’t move it around often since it gonna be about aestethics as well right?

@Roy_Hopman
I wanted the tablet to be as close to the wall as possible, so got the TMS 1010. And, yes, you can click the tablet in the wall of remove the tablet altogether. That can be handy.

1 Like

@M_a_r_c_o
On Slack I saw that you have the ikea smart home node running. How did you do that?
The security code or identity don’t let the gateway show up in the node.

I am sure I have the right code because they work in the ikea homey app.

Can you help me out please.

Try to switch the ikea hub off/on and then redo the security stuff in the Homey Ikea gateway app.

The just fill in the ip address, identity and psk at node-red, do not use authenticate/security code in node-red again, that will block the ikea gw app in homey again.

2 other brand options for (close) wall mounts;

Sadly does not work for me. Still can’t find the gateway. The debug node says: Error stopping node: ReferenceError: _ping is not defined.

If I use the ping node in node red it will find the ip adress.

In node-red there is no auto discovery for the ikea gateway. You need to type the gateway address in, into the field in the connection profile.

Edit the existing hub, in a trafri block

ploatje2

Thanks for your help. But it Still won’t see the gateway.

On your pictures it’s a different node as I have, I think.

I finally ordered the TMS1010 just like you. i want to be able to swap tablet in case i ever want to. Thank you all for your help.

thanks for your code. I imported this code but the icons are not dislpayed. Do you have an idea whats wrongs?