Nfc Tag's to start a flow

Hello everyone.

I know there is similar topics on the forum already, I’ve read all of them and still i don’t find the answers for what I need.

I use Android, (i read a possible solution for this on the forum, but is for iOS)

I would like to have nfc tags around my house, and whenever i touch with my phone on a tag it would start a certain flow.

Is there any app to accomplish this?

Or anyone have figured a way to accomplish this?

If someone has, could explain how you’ve done it please?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Google for tasker With nfc gives you some answers.

Thanks, I’ll Google it.

Use NFC Tools for Android to write HTTP Requests to NFC Tags, and HTTP App for Homey:

1 Like

Thank you :ok_hand:

No prob, and forgot to mention, use NFC Tasks on Android to trigger.

Ok, I’ll test it as soon has i get my nfc Tag’s, does the phone opens url when you it the nfc or it just sends that http request, cause if it starts pulling up pages on the screen of the phone it will be kind of messy.

You get only a small popup from NFC Tasks with info, but is going away in couple seconds.

Ohh ok, I’ll try it when i can then, thank you for the info!

Hey. Did you make it work, triggering a flow using an nfc tag?

Sorry for the late response, no i haven’t, i have given up on it

Too bad to hear. I’ve solved it! Notify me if you want to know howToo bad to hear. I’ve solved it! Let me know if you want to know how. :+1:

3 Likes

I am interested to use tags in order to start flows. Could you give me some advice how to set it?
I dont know why it diesnt work

Have you tried creating a viatuel flic button?

If you you want to have cheap NFC tags:

At least in the Netherlands our (used) train tickets are NFC and work nicely with homey!
Since they are very thin you can stick them on objects.

I put one inside my daughters Ipad cover.
Now she can start a flow by holding her Ipad next to homey.

(It sill tell her if the time has come that she can spent some time using her ipad (after 17:00).

I recently bought these: NFC NTAG215 Tags voor Amiibo - Wit - 20 Stickers | bol.com

Also work fine with Homey (although I use them with my iPhone). Even more thin than a train ticket :sweat_smile:

I can’t figure out how to construct the url to trigger a flow. The browser gives OK, but the flow does not trigger.
Could you please give an example Viktor?

Use a viatuel flic button as a trigger :+1:

Here is another android app that can trigger a webcall to homey when it reads an nfc tag.

https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/block/nfc_tag_scanned.html

I use the automate app to trigger my Kia/Hyundai Homey app to start polling the car’s location when my phone connects to the car’s Bluetooth. So you could do a similar thing when your phone scans a nfc tag.

Can you elaborate?