New users template for 1st posts

Hello hard working @moderators,

I see more and more new users starting a new topic for app questions, agree?

So instead of having to move postst, or point users to certain info,
Isn’t it an idea to present a template inside new users’ 1st posts (if that’s possible)?
A template with, let’s say:

Thanks.

1 Like

I total agree with you, Peter. It’s getting worse and worse. But I don’t think this topic needs to be discussed in public, so I will hide this topic so that the moderators can discuss it further.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and your support in the forum!

1 Like

I certainly see a lot new users / new topics, and a lot on incorrect places (Language/category).
so Indeed the community is growing fast.

AFAIK there is no option to create a template only for New users, it is per Category and all or nothing. (and we probably can’t as Moderators. need Athom if we know it is possible and we want it)

New Topics always also always present dynamic similar content based on what they type:

and the Welcome to the forum! Topic is sticky on top of the first Category, they don’t read…

A also have thought about how to improve for new users, how to educate / inform…
But have no idea yet.

1 Like

We can ask Athom to customize the welcome messages for new users. They could enhance this message to include key information, questions like suggested and more…

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve caused some confusion. At first I intended to use Peter’s topic and just hide it, then I created a new message on Slack. This is what I wrote on moderators Slack channel:

I total agree with Peter. It’s getting worse and worse.
There are also an increasing number of questions from new users that have nothing to do with a Homey. For example, they have a problem with the configuration of the Tuya smartphone app and Google suggests the Homey forum. So perhaps it would be also useful to ask a few questions when registering in the forum, e.g:

1. Do you already use Athom products? Yes/No
  2. If yes, which product do you use? Homey / Homey Pro
    And so on…
    (Btw, this was a suggestion from Rmb ). What is your opinion on this and is something like this even possible?