New Homey Pro 2023 goes offline with lan cable

One thing to try is to replace the USB-C cable from the adapter to Homey, the official cable is known to cause problems.

1 Like

I know!

Replaced it with 3 different brands. They last one gets connection again after some hours.

Didn’t think that’s a cable problem

Please contact Athom, this is not standard, unless they will tell you that dual setup is not intended - then we might all learn something. :wink:
(actually I would personally appreciate backup - eg. when LAN is down, Wifi kick in automatically, if set)

Athom send a new power connector.

Now it’s stable again

1 Like

Do you mean USB cable or power supply?

I just bought a new homey that I installed this morning; some 10hours ago.
The Homey 2023 is wired to my LAN network.
It still is more offline than online.
Anyhow, a lot more offline than my old Homey.
Has anyone had the same experience?

Hi Jan,

I had the same problems with my new homey a few months ago. I changed the usb cable and the adapter and all is working fine now. I also did split my home wifi in a 5 and 2.4 and connected homey to the 2.4. But I think ithe problem was with the power. Since those change I m a happy homey user!

2 Likes

Mind the difference between the APP saying “Homey is offline”, and a broken network connection.
The first issue is a long lasting bug → report to support.
The latter can be checked by pinging Homey’s IP, or by installing Netscan to let Homey ping your router, and log the results with f.i. the Simple Sys Log app

1 Like

Thank you both!
I will follow up on both recommendations. The power supply was already changed for a better one (OnPlus Warp charge adapter & cable).

An update will follow later.

1 Like

So I bought my new Homey Pro 2023 late fabruary this year and it kept going offline. I did factory resets and so as well - the wired LAN connection didn’t make any different at all.

I’ve tried so many different settings in my Deco X50 mesh.
What works for me is turning off “Mesh technology” in settings, and lock Homey to just one node.
I’m also running the Homey on 2,4GHz.

I also replaced the USB-C charger to an Belkin 30W USB-C charger.
I’ve read somewhere a post from Homey Support that the original one is too weak, which seems to be the case for me anyway.

It’s been up and running for 2 weeks now without any issues.
(I was ready to return it after my first hell week with it)

The only issue for the moment is the weak Z-Wave range.
Where my old Homey Pro 2019 had no issues at all, same Fibaro switches, same locations. The new Homey needs to be in the same room to reach to them.