Monitoring garage in a block of apartments - signals ranges

I’m afraid you didn’t take the effort and look at the links?

Here are some informations about the technology behind dLAN:

What is Powerline?

Powerline technology (alternative names: PowerLAN, PLC and dLAN) makes it possible to use the normal power grid for data transmission. In this way, you effectively receive Internet from the power socket. This creates a home network to which all end devices (such as PCs, smartphones and game consoles) can be connected - either via WLAN or LAN - without the need for time-consuming cable laying.

How does Powerline work?

To use Powerline products, all you need is an Internet connection and a standard power outlet. The clever devolo solution distributes the Internet signal from your router to any room via the power line and transmits it there to your end devices via LAN or WLAN. An existing home network consisting of devolo products can be easily expanded with expansion adapters.

(Source, in German language, translated with deepl.com)

You will get 2 devices. 1 device must be plugged into a power outlet/socket in your apartment near the internet router and 1 device must be plugged into a power outlet/socket in the garage. Then the data is is transmitted from the apartment to the garage via the normal power grid. The device, which is installed in the garage, builds up its own WLAN. So you can use this WLAN to connect a camera, for example.
But as I had already written, you have to try it out if it works!

Just search for it on the Internet. But afaik, all the antennas have a so called Pigtail connector and I don’t know, if there is a Z-Wave Extender with a pigtail connector for external antenna available. So I guess the only option is to ad a pigtail connector to the Aeotec Extender 7, like it’s shown in the DIY tutorial (Link), and connect an external antenna to it.

Correct, definitely not!

@robertklep, didn’t say that antennas increase signal strength. And it was not my intention that you might think that.
I only mentioned that there are outdoor antennas. Outdoor antennas can possibly be installed closer to the garage than it’s possible with an Aeotec Extender 7. But the fact that antennas can focus the signal differently is of course a good hint.