calm hands

Careful, you work with 230 volts!
Range is 30% better.

No comment:

Be careful, high voltage!
Merry christmas.

5 Likes

Nice work!

Is that also possible with the Aeotec Range Extender 7? Did you check?

1 Like

No, I have not checked that. I cannot say whether something like this is also possible with the Range Extender 7.

does the aeotec need to be installed as device or does it simply relay ALL zwave traffic?
https://www.reichelt.nl/nl/nl/antenne-lpwan-880-960-mhz-mhf-i-stekker-delock-12692-p291383.html?r=1
I ordered the version #7 and a simple antenna, i plan to solder the coaxial lead directly to the board.

At the time, I soldered my plug to the built-in aerial. Homey will automatically download the Aeotec app when you register the Aeotec and register the device there.
My pimped repeater is still working perfectly to this day. I have since passed it on to someone with a farm. As Zwave has to cover very long distances here, a 5 watt booster is running behind the repeater. This is illegal, but Homey now has a Zwave range of several 100 metres. As the farm is outside the city, nobody is disturbed and nobody will ever check it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

that needs to be a 2 way booster right? as it’s 2 way communication?

any directional antenna’s used? haha i used to sell parabolic dishes of 1 to 3 meter diameter…

Yes, 2 way booster

It uses a Technikkram 868 MHz 7 dBi antenna.

d2f28d41babc1d996f98018d918c0057476bcbae

7 dB is really not bad for a shortened monopole :ok_hand: