Mitsubishi AC / Sensibo questions. If you have experience, comments appreciated

Hi, I have an airconditioning unit and will be getting a second one within a few weeks. I’m considering my options to get these units connected to Homey, and I’ve searched the forums but not found an answer to my question. My situation is as follows:

• I have a Mitsubishi SRK25ZS-S already installed in my bedroom, and I use it with the dumb remote that comes with the unit.
  • I will be getting a second wallmounted unit soon, which will also be Mitsubishi, for my living room.
  • I obviously have a Homey, and know what I’m doing with it for the most part.

As far as I can see, I have 2 (decent) options to link both AC units to Homey; the Mitsubishi Wifi Controller or Sensibo Sky. I will need to purchase 2 of whichever I pick, as the 2 wall-units are on different floors. I have a few questions about both, and I’m hoping some of you will be able to help me out. Here goes:

For the Mitsubishi Wifi Controller:

• Has anyone got this to work with Homey? I know there’s a CLI app, but does it work?
  • Does the CLI app have (roughly) the same features as the Sensibo App? (not just on/off, but temp, fanspeed and mode for example)
  • Does any change in AC settings cause the device to (loudly) beep, like it does with the remote?

For the Sensibo Sky:

• Does any change in AC settings cause the device to (loudly) beep, like it does with the remote?
  • How close does the Sensibo have to be to the unit to work with the RF signal?

As fas a features and price is concerned, the Sensibo looks to be the most robust option for what I need, but I really need the unit to not beep like crazy every time something changes. One of the AC’s in in my bedroom and shouldn’t beep at night, the other is (/will be) in the living room and will drive the dogs crazy if it randomly starts beeping.

If anyone has any experience with either of these options, I’d love to hear from you.

I also have two Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioners. I made the control with Homey very easy for myself. I use two Switchbot hubs. The IR signals of the original remote controls can be easily learned. Thus Homey can take over the complete control. IR signals need a direct line of sight to the devices. That means you need 2x the hub.

Stopping the beeping of the Mitsubishi can only be prevented by force. To do this, you have to open the air conditioner, find the beeper, and disconnect it.

I’m using the Mitshibishi HI with the Airconwithme wifi modules (2 pieces) together with the CLI app. It works pretty well. There are few features missing like setting the airflow direction through flow cards, but when initally set with the remote it just needs to turn on and off and set temp… all those things work great. I however have noticed it works best if I let the app reset before pusihing an action… don’t know if it’s just me or for everyone.

mind you; it is important to know, not all Mitshibuishi HI support the wifi module, so be careful with this.

Little edit to better answer your questions:

• Has anyone got this to work with Homey? I know there’s a CLI app, but does it work?

Yes it does, not supported though, no development.

• Does the CLI app have (roughly) the same features as the Sensibo App? (not just on/off, but temp, fanspeed and mode for example)

With the normal flow cards you can only set; on / off / temp, so no airflow, these cards are avialble with the device inside homey, but no flow cards supporting them. I still have on my agenda to see if I can add them. Haven’t found time for it yet.

Iet beeps, but not load, at least not for me… but neither does it with the remote.

So the hub essentially works as a remote then right? which would make it a cheaper alternative to the Sensibo. I’ll look in to it, thanks.

Yes. The hub can learn all IR signals. If you have other IR devices in this room, they can also be taught in. There are also interesting smart home devices from Switchbot, which then also work with Homey. Routines can also be created with the Switchbot app, which Homey can then trigger.