Lux sensor with continuous reporting

Once every 5 minutes is pretty spot on :slight_smile:

For now I think I’m gonna stick with the ready-to-use options, but thanks for sharing!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences! I think I’m gonna try the Neo first to see if this will fit my needs and I’ll keep the Aeotec and Hue sensor in mind as a alternative in case it doesn’t.

In advanced settings for the sensor, You should be able to set the treshold for when the sensor will report changes in Lux independently for any other sensor reporting. All my different Fibaro, Aeotech and Coolcam sensors have this setting.

I’m just at a point to return my HUE motion sensor as it does not communicate with Homey at all. The values displayed are days old. The red light flashes on motion but that is not registered by Homey. Any suggestions? Hi

Known bug with hue motion sensors.
Should be solved by the long expected zigbee rewrite.
See also this post

I must say I have 2 hue motion sensor.
I use them for switching the lights (lux based) and the radio (motion based)
Some days it works fine, other dayse delauys increase to hours

How have you connected the sensors to homey? Using a hue bridge? Or directly to homey… In that last situation, There are a lot of stability issues regarding zigbee on homey. So try to use the bridge if you have one…

I swapped the hue sensor for the neo coolcan and this device works ok with homey on zwave.

Hi Fred,

Can you share me your settings for the motion detector from neo Coolcam v2. Mine is not working properly at the moment. Did you do anything to update the firmware on these things?

Wendy

Wendy, This are my settings.

I just bought the new mi lightsensor. It is not a motion sensor but only a dedicated lux sensor so it should continiously report values (at least when the luminance actually changes)

Support for this sensor is also present for homey😃

Details over here: https://m.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mijia-083000-lux-Zigbee-3_0-Smart-Home-Light-Sensor-Monitor-Alarm-Work-with-Xiaomi-Multimode-ZigBee-3_0-Gateway-p-1607833.html?gmcCountry=IE&currency=EUR&cur_warehouse=CN&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgs&utm_content=haosen&utm_campaign=ssc-ie-all-0925&gclid=CjwKCAjwqpP2BRBTEiwAfpiD-6ufWRQ6N7c6l-MLOKrEr6CdIivL5Dmpfw61raDkUa1S5oW0z57S9hoC_asQAvD_BwE

I’ve bought one too, a few weeks ago and it’s perfect!

I bought two mi lightsensors too, how do you manage your light with it?
on the site of homey conelisse there is an DIY, but i can’t get that working.

I use a very simple flow: when it is afternoon or evening (I don’t want to use it in the morning) and lux is below 35, my floor lamps turn on. I don’t use it for my main lights (ceiling). Turning off goes automatically when I go to bed.

The number of lux requires a little testing. I just turned on my lights by hand for a week, writing down the lux at the moment. The average was about 35, so I use that in the flow. Works good for me.

(this starts a second flow in which the lights are actually turned on)

1 Like

Hi.
I would like to know what you think about the mi light sensor?
Does it update the lux values frequently or it takes too much time between updates of the values?
Just wonder if it could be used for automate the lights.
I own some aqara motion sensors, they have lux meter but it does not update frequently soo that feature it’s pretty much useless in my case.
Thank you!
@Joost_van_Kempen if you too could give me info about this too would be much appreciated :ok_hand:

Hi at all,
I just bought three of these sensors to close my blinds when the sun is too shiny(?) but I can’t get them connected to homey…
Does someone know how to connect them?

Mit nettem Gruss
Rüdiger

Are the sensors supported by the Xiaomi app?

just deactivate flow when triggered, and vice versa

You mean the mi light sensor?
Just install the aqara app on homey and select the device you want to add, follow the instructions, it should work after that…

I did so and pressed the little button several times. 3 times slow, fast, different times, nothing worked.
I got them from China over Luxemburg. Could it be that all the batteries are empty?