Losing zigbee network every couple of days

After the update to version 10.0 I have a problem with my zigbee network. Every other day the network completely freezes up and only a complete shutdown and power down of the device will fix it, for a day or two. Anybody with the same problems or a way to fix it without a complete start over?

I have the same problem rc10.0.2 does not help

Do you happen to have and use an Ikea Fyrtur remote?

I don’t

Neither do I.

But I am curious : why do you ask?

I just wonder, something like this ?

I will check tonight in the logs, but from the thread it sounds the same.

Those logs are not accessible to regular users unfortunately.
The key for regular user is to see
obrazek
in https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee when the issue occurs and when you check memory details, you will see that some of those daemons are missing :
obrazek
(you can check on mobile and on web app as well)

Well, because it can be related. Because these remotes happened to almost choke the complete zigbee network with a few users.

Peter any other IKEA remotes, you have such experience with or you read about ?

Eg. I reported to Athom that two IKEA remotes are doing way to often Zigbee repair attempts - I have two of them - STYRBAR Remote control, smart white - IKEA and TRADFRI 5-way control (interestingly, seems IKEA is not selling them anymore), I have also IKEA Tradfri power outlets, which are loosing connections from network (have to repair them weekly - great for power operated outlets/routers ;-( ) and last but not least, IKEA Motion sensor - TRÅDFRI Wireless motion sensor, smart white - IKEA reports way to often that it’s Unreachable (all based on logs, Zigbee controller reports it constantly even it’s reporting instantly on movements) … so in general I’m thinking to get fully rid of IKEA. Now your comments actually support my bad feeling about those :wink:

(and recently I even upgraded firmware in them via Zigbee2Mqtt)

I have created a support ticket at Athom.
Problem seems to be getting worse.

I hope it helps

Yesterday I have removed all of my IKEA items from Homey and I removed the Homey IKEA app. I then added all lights, plugs and sensors to my IKEA tradfri hub I still had. I created scenes (max. 20) in the IKEA app and use the IKEA Tradfri Gateway app (by Rogier Hofboer) to still be able to switch lights on and off. So far (knock wood) it is working. Curious to see if this setup will continue to function, but I really hope that the ticket with Athom will help to create a stable zigbee network once again.

@Peter_Kawa ?

No, sorry, can’t help you with that, Sharkys.

Dunno if you tested your remotes with z2m? Does the z2m mesh get screwed up as well?

Yeah, that would require rebuilding of whole Zigbee mesh, so nope :slight_smile:

I have STYRBAR, the On/Off switches (E1743), and the 5-button remotes (E1524), they all work fine with z2m. They’re all running pretty old firmware, by choice, because later firmwares dropped support for group binding (and only support device binding, which is much less useful in my case).

I also have IKEA lightbulbs, LED drivers, smart plugs and repeaters, no problems whatsoever (also with all of my Aqara sensors, It Just Works).

2 Likes

After working nicely for 3 weeks now in the setup with the IKEA Tradfri Gateway app, today I have removed all wireless powerplugs from the IKEA hub (I left all the remotes, sensors and light bulbs attached to the IKEA hub) and reset my Zigbee network on HP2023. I added all IKEA powerplugs as routers to my new Zigbee network and added my aqara sensors as endpoints. Curious to see if this setup will work for a couple of weeks.