Learn/send custom IR or RF signals?

No, but it would require a lot of time to hack one key, let alone have an implementation that works on any key for that brand. And brands often have their own implementation. This amount of investment would only be made if it would pay out (e.g. by nefarious people, not community developers).

And if by any chance that person would know how, he/she/they would probably sell it on the dark web for more than Homey costs.

If a device uses a rolling code it is probably for a good reason, so if it were possible to hack it I would stay away from that brand.

A more likely scenario would be to implement a generic rolling key that could be normally registered with the target device. But as said, most brands use their own secret sauce, and they would be stupid to put that secret sauce in a Homey app that anyone can investigate for hacking clues.

Thanks. I can’t stay away from that brand, as it’s an existing adaptation in my house related to my disability. Being able to control it with my voice and/or phone would give me SO much more ease of use.

There are other examples of ways to make existing remotes smart using e.g. fibaro smart implant but they usually require soldering inside the original remote. I think Switchbot is the least invasive and lowest risk.

But maybe the device itself has other integration options, e.g. through hardwired buttons or other interfaces?

Maybe. Some of the hardware is in a place I can’t reach or see by myself.

There is one option I see, but that would require having a small battery powered module to be able to switch an on-(off) contact. The contact itself is similar to how some sunscreen modules work. But as far as I could find, those either need to be connected to the mains, OR have their own 12/24V adapter. I haven’t been able to find a battery powered relais switch yet.

Edit: o, and it also should be pretty small. It would have to be installed behind a wall switch.

Hi all, i saw this topic, i can actually confirm that i did get the IR Homey functionality working on my sony Bravia TV and my logitech Z-surround system.

I did switch to a broadlink RM 3 mini because homey needs to be in line of sights of the devices, what wasn’t practical.

I’m now looking for the RF capabilities of Homey, but i don’t see a way how i can use it except for writing my own app ? Since there is IR learning functionality on homey i hoped that by now there was RF learning functionality too ? Am i wrong ?

1 Like

The learning facilities are only tools for app developing as far as I know. So in your case a RM4 pro could help.

1 Like

So, to come back to my own question (bit tacky, I know): I ended up gluing a Switchbot bot to a microswitch that I wired into the original wall control. It’s not ideal mostly because of the limitations of the Switchbot API that makes it a bit slow at times (not ideal for a door), but it does work.

While I had the wall open, I did see it probably wasn’t as hard to get a live wire into there as I thought it would be, so when I have time, energy and a bit of help, I might convert it to something where I use a Z-wave or Zigbee curtain/blinds unit to control it. As far as I can see, that should work. For now though, the battery powered Switchbot is just small enough to fit, and is still going strong.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just bought a homey bridge and was so excited to see a bridge that has the capability to even work with 868mhz rf signals. To my surprise, there is no functionality inside Homey to be able to copy my roller blind (close, stop, open). Is this still the case even in 2023? No way…… anyone make any headway on this? This is crazy.

This has always been the case, and there are no signs that this will change.

Homey Bridge doesn’t have a 868mhz antenna anyway (besides Z-Wave) that is only for (sphere) Homey Pros (2016-2019).

Such a simple function and not even possible with the pro either? That’s really disappointing. Looks like I’ll need to buy somfy motors instead.

Feel free to write such a feature if it is that easy as you say it is.
Athom won’t be writing such a feature as they want everything app/brand based.

1 Like

I have bought an HP23 and one of my needs is to control an air conditioner (Mitsubishi) that can only receive IR. I was hoping I could connect it, that was one of the primary reasons I bought the HP23.

Reading this thread makes me wonder if you can’t use IR to an air conditioner like mine, have anybody seen an solution maybe?
The brand Mitsubishi and its air conditioners are sold all over the world just like Homey, it is very unlikely that I’m the only person that have this combination and problem.

Thank you in advance for any upcoming help! :slight_smile: :pray:

I also have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner.
Homey is not able to send the IR commands. It can only control devices that are stored in the database.
Get a Switchbot HUB. This can learn IR commands from the original remote control and is compatible with Homey. With the Switchbot Hub, any IR device can be controlled via Homey.

OK. So i have to buy another product besides the 600$ i already have spent on HP23 for the oldest most basic protocol like IR.
That was not what i expected. They said that it could handle IR.

But thank you for the quick answer! :pray:

That shouldn’t be an accusation. But if you had read the forum or asked your question in the forum before you bought it, you wouldn’t have been so disappointed.
What are € 35 for a smart home? Each motion detector costs more and you no longer have to fret.

It actually does, like Uwe wrote already.
But it’s only for a (large) fixed set of brands and devices.
I was surprised also when I discovered my Homey (2019) cannot learn IR signals, but I bought a €12 IR blaster to do the job.

Hello
I have bought an outdoor awning that runs on 433mhz (brand Schous) which I would connect to homey and control it with a wind sensor.
I downloaded the Somfy app to see if there was a remote control there just to test and then I chose
Sunway Window Coverings and then Brei blinds. It worked perfectly on the first try, this remote control has up, down and stop. So I think it’s just a matter of testing. It will probably work on garage doors too, I think.

I don’t think so…

And why not? I had to press the remote control that belongs to the awning when I chose Brei blinds and then Homey must have learned the signals…