Kasa-devices get unavailable each night at approx 23.00 and sometime during night they get available again

For some time now i have an experience with my Kasa-devices (HS100).

Each night at approx 23.00 ALL my Kasa-devices becomes unavailable in Homey.

But when this happen the Kasa-devices are still available and operational with the original independent Kasa iOS-app.

In the morning the devices are available so sometime during night the issue disappeared.

Have anyone else experienced the same?

Are you using a Homey Pro or Homey (beta) ?

Homey PRO

1 Like

Do you get the ‘rate limited’ error (mentioned at the app ratings) when you switch a device on or off after 11:00PM but before 0:00h?
Probably after 0:00h the rate limit gets removed, until you use Kasa devices via Homey more than X times a day.

Please report @ https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/requests/new

I also see it at the Homey (beta) with this App and I never switch the socket. only measuring (One HS110).
Also reported this to Athom.
already 2 days in a row I noticed late in the evening. (after ~ 22u30)
in the morning everything is OK,

I will check this evening. But i think i have seen the “rate limit”-error.

But it is anyway unpexted with a “rate limit”

All Homey does with Kasa during a day is to once turn them on at sunset and once switch them off at 23.00.

Seems strange that kind of limited usage (as i see it) would cause a “rate limit” issue.

Or is it that ALL Homey users in combination cause a “rate limit”-issue? It is not my own specific usage causing it?

Well I hope not!

Does a HS100 also have a metering function? Then see below :point_down:

I suspect the metering socket sends lots of web requests.
Maybe Kasa can raise the limit, but that"ll have to be requested by Athom probably.

HS100 has no metering-function. Only power On/Off.

Now it is confirmed that it is the error “Rate limit” that is causing that Kasa-devices are unavailable.

The only thing i know i have done by myself on the Kasas is turn them on at sunset.

So it must be Homey or Kasa-app in Homey that is peforming some extra communication taht causes the rate limit to occur.

Could it be “Insights”? Even thogh there is no metering maybe Insights is communcating with the Kasa-devices?

Could you into this discussion paste a link the Athom support request that you raised?

I have exactly the same problem…

A quick work around is to use an IFTTT-flow to an IFTTT-app connected to KASA.
This temporary solution is not optimal, but it works fine.

Look forward to final and correct solution, any one ?

Rate limit has always been a problem for me with Homey bridge.

I can’t even add a single HS100 now. When i get to the page to select the device I’m met with “Rate limited”…

Same plug works great through Google Home.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my HS100…

Use the app ”TP-Link Smart Devices” as an alternative.
No problem here….