Is HomePod supported

Hi,

Did anyone succeed in connection the HomePod to the Homey? HomeyKit doesn’t find the device :frowning:

René

1 Like

No Unfortunately. I am also still looking for a solution to make Homey’s speech flow through the Homepods.

1 Like

HomeyKit isn’t supposed to find it: the Homepod is a Homekit-enabled device, and HomeyKit turns Homey into such a device as well (but only in one direction: it exposes Homey devices to iOS, not the other way around; it doesn’t expose other HomeKit devices to Homey).

There is no app that can provide that sort of service.

2 Likes

Me too. I was trying to do something with Shortcuts. Although HomePods still don’t have Dutch Siri, so communication is difficult (if your iPhone is Dutch).
I though, if you can get a http get thing back to Shortcuts, you could make some things there. But my knowledge of Shortcuts is too little.

The only thing I wanna do is turning it off or start a specific radio station in the morning when pushing a button.

Nothing fancy but cannot do it

I use Apple Music. I that case it is possible when you use Siri Shortcuts with Homey to start/stop music with a flow in Homey (Album, track, playlist, radio station.)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I will have a look at it.

How did you manage to use siri shortcuts with Homey/in Homeys flows?

Please have a look into this tutorial:

I think this will help you.

1 Like

Thank you🙌

I tried it and I can use the requests as triggers.
Is it possible to send requests to the Homepod? I wanted to create a flow to start music but can‘t find a solution.

Could you please share your flow/shortcut setting for playing music?

At the moment I do not have any flows starting music on my HomePod.
Flow now it is only possible to make a Siri Shortcut to start Music on your HomePod.

You can start a web request with Siri Shortcuts to trigger or start a flow in Homey. A possible solution to start music on your HomePod is that you create a virtual button in Homey and add this button to HomeKit. Create a scene in Homekit when this button is triggered and add your HomePods to it. When you add the HomePods you can select what type of music you want to play.

1 Like

Tks for help.
I‘ll try

Helped me perfectly well to trigger the Homepod minis when someone pushes the Doorbird doorbell. :+1::+1::+1:

@Mario_Me can you share what you did to make the integration between your Doorbird and HomePod Mini ?

thanks